Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Thai 7 Spices Baked Chicken


Have anyone of you ever heard of Thai 7 Spices?  I did spotted the recipe somewhere before but have forgotten where about. And then lucky me, Ann @ PigPig's Corner sent me a bottle of it with a total SURPRISE enclosed together a few other wonderful ingredients before she shifted over to Singapore. Ann, thank you very much. I can finally find out how it is actually taste like. OK now back to the spices! The ingredients used in this particular spices included cumin powder, dried garlic, red chili powder, green pepper powder, onion powder, star anise powder, cayenne pepper, cloves powder and sugar, salt & pepper to taste. Actually, I was quite curious why it calls Thai 7 spices? Because I don't see any kaffir lime leaves, lemongrass nor ginger flower is used. But one thing is, it does taste really really good. 

So, here's what I did.

Ingredients :
4 pcs  chicken thigh
4 large potatoes, sliced
some sesame oil
salt & pepper to taste
*1 tspn   mixed herbs (for topping the sliced potatoes)

Method :
(1) marinade chicken meat with salt & pepper.
(2) then rub Thai spices to all the chicken meat, keep aside for 30mins.
(3) place all the meat and all the sliced potatoes to baking tray, then sprinkle on salt & mixed herbs for extra flavouring.
(4) finally, bake at preheated oven 195'C for about 45-60mins or till brown.

It tastes more like a Western & Asian fusion flavouring. And it has a nice touch of spiciness that I love about. If anyone of you are interested in trying your own, you can just combine all the ingredients that I've mentioned as the above and give it ago (well, it just a suggestion.lol! hehe....) or you may just order a bottle from the site as given. Have fun!
*
And not forgetting to wish all my readers.  HAPPY 2012 !
chicken, thai spice,) 

24 comments:

gertrude said...

Happy New Year to you too Kristy!! I've heard of Japanese 7 spice but not the Thai. I wonder if they are they same :)

bananamondaes said...

I've only ever heard of Chinese 5 spice, but this spice combination looks great...I will have to hunt for some green pepper powder.

Sylvia@Peaches and Donuts said...

I've never heard of this spice blend but it sounds very flavourful!! I will have to get it the next time i for to the supermarket! Will let you know how it turns out and thanks for introducing this to us!

Elin said...

Kristy...it must be nice..fusion taste hahaha I have to imagine the taste LOL! but it does make your chicken looks mouth-watering! Happy New Year to you too !

Aarthi said...

First time here..Glad I reached here..Following you right away...This looks delicious.…Totally yummy..Thanks for sharing it dear…Should try it soon…If you have time do check my blog too…

Aarthi
http://yummytummy-aarthi.blogspot.com/

Blackswan said...

My home always stock up a bottle of 7-spice but it's Japanese version. Your chicken looks great with the Thai version :)

Merry Xmas & here's wishing you abundance of joy for 2012!

Claudia said...

Hmmmm ... must check my 7 Spices that I got in Seattle and see if it is Thai or not. Gorgeous dinner, Kristy! Wishing you all good things in 2012!

edith said...

Kristy, have a Blessed Christmas and a wonderful year ahead.

reanaclaire said...

Must learn up this recipe! Potatoes and chicken... my kids' favourite!

Jeannie said...

The spices sound delicious as is your dish! Yum!

Dara said...

Wow. What a gorgeous dish! Great post. I love a spicy Thai rub.

Magic of Spice said...

I love 7 spice! This is a wonderful way to prepare chicken...great recipe!
Happy New Year, wishing you a wonderful 2012

divya said...

Yum yum,mouthwatering here..

Christine's Pantry said...

Perfect dinner. Happy New Year.

TasteHongKong said...

With the mixed Thai spices, sesame oil, you must have added a nice and complex flavor to the chicken. Wish you a wonderful 2012 too!.

Ann said...

That looks delicious and what a delightful surprise!

Russell at Chasing Delicious said...

Yum! This is right up my alley. What a combination of flavors.

Little Inbox said...

The chicken looks perfect. Happy New Year and Happy holiday!

アンゼエリン said...

Nice recipe, must let my mom about this dish! Happy New Year to you too.

Belinda @zomppa said...

Goodness, the flavors must be INCREDIBLE!! Looks absolutely finger-lickin' good.

Lyndsey said...

I don't think I've heard of Thai 7 spice before, but I have Lebanese 7 spice and Japanese 7 spice...I will definitely have to blend my own! I will seach for more 7 spice blends...see how many we can come up with! :)The chicken sounds delish!

petite nyonya said...

this is a great looking chicken meal, Kristy!

lena said...

yum, this sounds so flavourful to me, your photo looks so tempting lah!

Anonymous said...



Нere is my page: joseph mchugh attorney

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...