Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Baked Tandoori Chicken

Tandoori chicken is one famous Indian cuisine over here in Malaysia too, other than India. The restaurants usually will pair this grilled meat with naan bread. I seldom eat tandoori chicken which serve at the restaurant. I always think the way they grilled it is too dry and the meat is not tender enough. So. decided to attempt my own version at home by baking it. Don't you think they look juicier & tender ?

So, here's what I did.
Ingredients :
1 kg  chicken, cut into bite size
1 cup  yogurt
4 tbsp   garam masala
1 tbsp   cayenne pepper powder
1 tbsp   chili powder
1 tspn  turmeric powder
salt to taste
1-1/2 tbsp  minced garlic (2 tspn garlic powder)
1 tbsp minced ginger (2 tspn  ginger powder)
* 1 lemon juice (optional)

 Method :
(1) combine all spices and mix well.
(2) now, marinade chicken meat with all the ingredient for 30 mins.
(3) then bake at preheated oven 190'C for about 45-60 mins (depends on sizes).

You can definitely serve this to all your guests during this coming festive season with just a quick touch. Hassle free and delicious too....even without the lemon juice.
*
I'm sending this to Shaz & Suresh @ Muhibbah Malaysian Monday.

24 comments:

Small Kucing said...

yummmmm...i love it

cik cek said...

Sedapnya..... :D

Food, Fun and Life in the Charente said...

One of my favourites, I always bake it in a clay pot, very yummy. Diane

cikmanggis said...

Kristy!!!bila lihat ayam ni terasa lapar pulak walaupun dah pukul 1 pagi:)..terima kasih besok Cm nak masak ayam tandori ni:)..sweet dream!!

Belinda @zomppa said...

Love tandoori - need to try to make this on my own!

easyfoodsmith said...

This definitely looks moist and delicious :)

Katerina said...

Looks so perfectly cooked! The color is amazing!

AikoVenus said...

I don't eat meat - but this looks delicious! I love anything that's tandoori. ^^ Your recipes and photos are gorgeous!

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

Your chicken looks very, very yummy!

divya said...

Oooh! Yummy! This looks so irresistible.

Ann said...

This looks delicious and what a GREAT idea to use a lined pan!

Amy said...

I'm drooling over your tandoori chicken. Seems like very easy to make too. I'm going to try this over the weekend. :)

Ah Tze said...

I'm drooling while reading your post, the tandoori chicken looks so tempting! Thanks for sahring this baked!

lena said...

your tandoori looks really attractive with the colour and the sauce, cant even remember when the last time i had tandoori chicken. Have a lovely evening, kristy!

Christine knapkins_com said...

Hey Kristy, your Baked Tandoori Chicken is a Recipe Guessing Game on Knapkins. Think your friends can win? http://knapkins.com/guess_games/963?source=blog

Show your foodie love and vote here www.knapkins.com/duel?dish=15578

Lyndsey said...

Ohhhh...I love tandori chicken, I like how you made it so it would be more moist. I have some tandori seasoning...you gave me some good ideas! Love it! More chicken recipes.

Pam said...

Tandori chicken is great! Yours looks delicious! I haven't made it in a long time so will have to after seeing yours! Thanks for the good recipe!

Vivian Pang said...

I love this Recipe. Easy to prepare and full of flavor! Thanks for sharing.

Sonia (Nasi Lemak Lover) said...

Tandori chicken and garlic naan, is my favourite! yours look delicious too.

Heavenly Housewife said...

Often, people really overcook tandoori chicken and it is very dry. Yours looks nice and juicy though, beautifully done!
*kisses* HH

tigerfish said...

The yogurt just makes the chicken more tender, and moist! Delicious.

Barbara Bakes said...

Your chicken is such a gorgeous color. Wish I could reach in a grab a piece.

Mzungu said...

Wow that looks so good and easy to make .... Thanks ....

shaz said...

Oh my, looks so delicious. Making me hungry just looking at it :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...