Homemade Roti Naan ~ Jasmine Flavour
roti naan is one of my favourites, other than roti canai, chapati & dosa. Roti naan is less oily and more healthy to consume and the absorption is good when dipping to any kind of gravy. Ooooo....doesn't it sounds irresistible? What about naan with jasmine flavour? I bet you can't wait to try this either.
500gm all purpose flour
1-1/2 tspn salt
3 tbsp sugar
1 tspn baking powder
1 tbsp yeast
300ml hot milk (200ml milk + 100ml water)
2 tbsp dried jasmine flowers
(1) soak dried flowers into hot milk till turned lukewarm, then withdraw the flowers.
(2) add yeast & sugar to lukewarm milk and set aside for 5 minutes or till bubbling.
(3) combine flour, salt and baking powder into a big mixing bowl.
(4) next, stir in milk mixture & yoghurt into flour and mix to combine.
(5) finally, add in margerine and mix well, then leave to rest for an hour.
(6) once it's ready, place dough onto a slightly floured working table and knead to release air.
(7) then divide dough into 10 portions and set aside for 5 minutes.
(8) now flatten the dough and coat with cornmeal to prevent sticking.
(9) bake at preheated oven 240-250'C for 5 mins and then turn dough around, and bake for another 5 mins or till brown.
Can you imagine your beautifully flavoured naan bread in curry, pumpkin soup, mushroom chowder and more? The yogurt in this recipe which gives the dough such incredible flavour as well. And the texture is really soft and delicious. So, what are you waiting for!
I'm sending this to Shaz @ Muhibbah Malaysian Monday.