Friday, September 16, 2011

Blue Cheese Soft Rolls

Life has been pretty hectic lately. I was quite behind the schedule and still trying to catch up with everyone of you. Before going further, I would like to introduce you this Korean drama series which I've been aftering lately. It's such a meaningful drama. The drama is all about bread, love and passion, and as well as dream. Here's the link to the drama (Title : bread , love and dreams). There's one episode where the master baker or 'sifu' said to one of his students: "talent isn't all cause talent can be beaten by hard work, and hard work can be beaten by passion......there's nothing can be done if without a passion"! Oh yes, that is so true. Life is meaningless if without dream & passion. So, food blogger don't you ever let anyone get into your way!

And my dreams will go on with this blue cheese bread rolls.
(recipe adapted from Alex Goh & here)

Ingredients :
280gm   bread flour
100gm   all purpose flour
4 tbsp   sugar
1 tspn  salt
2-1/2 tspn  yeast
120ml  cold milk
100gm   heavy cream
1 egg
40gm  blue cheese, thinly sliced
40gm  butter
#gelatinized dough :
(120gm bread flour + 85ml boiling water)

For Topping :
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 tbsp  sugar
egg glaze

Method :
(1) prepare the gelatinized dough the night before by combining the flour & boiling water together to form a dough ball. Knead till smooth and then wrap with plastic sheet, then keep refrigerated overnight.
(2) next, combine all ingredients (butter add in at the final step) in the mixing bowl for machine and remember to tear the gelatinized dough into pieces and then mix till a soft dough is formed.
# for hand mix dough, combine flour, sugar, salt, yeast, cheese, milk, cream and egg, let to mix till a soft dough is formed. Then add in gelatinized dough mix to combine and then finally add in butter.
(3) let dough cover and set aside to rest for an hour or till double the size.
(4) bring our the dough and place it to a slightly floured working table, pouched dough and knead till smooth to release air. 
(5) divide dough into 12 portions, roll into ball shape & place it to a 9" chiffon cake tray with butter coating.
(6) again set aside and let to rest for about 40-50mins.
(7) brush with egg glaze and then top with some shredded cheddar cheese & sugar.
(8) finally, bake at preheated oven 190'C for about 15-20mins or till brown.
(9) leave to cool completely before slicing.

These soft bread rolls are simply amazing. I am a big fan of cheese and so this is totally speechless. Hope you guys will love it too. Enjoy!

And before ending this post, I have something to annouce here. Yeseterday, a few of our blogger buddies have been featured in The Daily Meal for being the 7 most creative mooncakes. And I am very happy that my Sun Dried Tomato Mooncake Biscuit happened to be one of them. :o) Thanks to Jessica Chou for including me.

36 comments:

edith said...

If my kids see that generous cheese toppings, they will bug me non stop.

Anncoo said...

Kristy, you're so good in making bread. I wish I can make this like you.
Congratulations on the feature :)

Food, Fun and Life in the Charente said...

This looks fantastic I am sure I could not do as good a job as you have. I can I pop over and try some LOL Diane

Emily Malloy said...

This looks divine! Oh I can't wait to start baking bread again, now that the heat of summer is gone :)

Kumi said...

All I have to say is YUM!!

Sinful Sundays said...

That looks delicious! Blue cheese and bread---yum!

Amy said...

Your bread looks so fluffy and delicious. And that Korean drama sounds addictive! I love Korean and Japanese drama and I'm afraid to start one....hahaha...I'll watch it non-stop until I finish! Very dangerous! :D

divya said...

looks so inviting n wonderful preparation...superb clicks !!

Pegasuslegend said...

Do you ship I would like a dozen :)

Ah Tze said...

Congratulation Kristy! This is a beautiful bread! and thanks for telling us about the Korean drama, will check it out :)

鲸鱼蓝蓝蓝 said...

我最喜欢有CHEESE的料理了
这我肯定可以一人SAPU到完:P
P/S:那个鱼模就是鸡蛋模,你那里买得到吗?不然,给我你的地址,我帮你买:)

Premalatha Aravindhan said...

wow dear,love this cheesy flavoured rolls,luks delicious...

Ann said...

That bread looks SO amazing and I LOVE the idea of blue cheese in it!

Smoky Wok (formerly Tastes of Home) said...

Your bread looks great!! So funny, I just made some tangzhong sweet cheese buns that I shall be posting soon :D

Also, wanted to let you know that I've changed the name of my blog from Tastes of Home to "Smoky Wok" :D with a new custom domain though the old one shld still work.

Honey Bee Sweets said...

This soft cheese loaf looks super Kristy! I bet it's rich with all that sharp blue cheese and cream, yum yum! With a bowl of soup and the best comfort food u can get! 

Murasaki Shikibu said...

I love blue cheese and I love bread. This couldn't go wrong. :)

Quay Po Cooks said...

Kristy, look at the texture of your bread!!! Cannot be better right? If you are not staying so far away from me, I will be right at your door right now!

penny aka jeroxie said...

Oh WOW! I love the texture and look of this cheesy goodness.

ICook4Fun said...

Congratulations Kristy for being feature in The Daily Meal. Like always you will came up with very creative bakes and dishes. I am sure Carlos will like this bread as it has blue cheese in it. Not me as I find the smell of blue cheese is just too strong :)

reanaclaire said...

Great looking cheese rolls.. i m eating raisin bread now.. .. so unappetising...hahhaa..

Cathy at Wives with Knives said...

You are so good at making bread, Kristy. I'm going to try your technique of making the dough the night before. You get excellent results with it and I hope I will too.

Magic of Spice said...

I just love this bread...looks amazing!

cherry potato said...

面包上边的 cheese 很吸引哦,最近做的面包发得不是很理想就懒得再做了;先来你家吃了再做吧!

lena said...

the cheesy crust looks good enough and so much congrats..you're really one very creative woman when it comes to cooking and baking. HUGS! oh , thanks for the link back.

Cheah said...

This looks lovely, Kristy and nice tempting clicks too!

Angie's Recipes said...

Such a gorgeous cheesy (and it's blue cheese!) ring!

Jen at The Three Little Piglets said...

This has nothing to do with this post at all, but that little puppy in your header might just be the cutest dog in the history of the world! The bread looks good too, don't get me wrong. But that dog, it's just sugary sweet!

My Little Space said...

Edith : haha...my kids too!

Anncoo : Same to you, dear!

Diane : You know that you're always welcome!

Emily : Great! Looking forward to something amazing from you, sweetie.

Kumi : Are you salivating? haha....

sinful sunday : thanks so much! And glad to see you around as well.

Amy : Yeap, the drama sure is good. I bet you won't regret to watch it. ha... don't blame me!

divya : thanks so much.

Claudia : haha....

Ah Tze : Hope you will like the drama too!

鱼鱼 : So nice of you! Please do give me your email add. Thanks!

Premalatha : Hey, thanks alot and glad you like too.

Ann : I love cheese and I think this bread simply awesome too!

Jen : Noted! Will check it out soon.

Bee : Absolutely satisfying!

Murasaki : Yeap, you're right1

Veron : glad you love it too and thanks so much for the taco shell. will try it out soon. thanks again,dear.

Penny : glad to see you around dear.

Gert : thanks for your lovely compliment. I am truly appreciate it. Probably, you can add xtra cheese on Carlos one. haha....

Claire : thanks dear.

Cathy : All the best to you too!

Alisha : thanks so much!

Chin : You're always welcome!

Lena : You're welcome and thanks for sharing it too.

Cheah : Thanks a lot!

Angie : You think you hubby will love this too?

Jen : Hi there, welcom eto my humble little space. Hope to hear from you more often. Enjoy!

Thanks ladies for spending your valueable time here with me. It's always a great pleasure of hearing from you all.

Hope you're all having a fabulous weekend and have fun!

Blessings, Kristy

~~louise~~ said...

Congratulations Kristi! That's wonderful, really:)
And, of course your bread is just heavenly. There are so many bread recipes I want to try when I take the leap into bread baking this winter. Now, I must include this one if for no other reason but the cheese. It sounds fabulous and the rolls look delectable!

Thank you so much for sharing...kudos to YOU!

Rebecca from Chow and Chatter said...

oh wow these rolls look divine and I need to watch that drama sounds cool, thanks for being lovely you Kristy and the congrats on the baby big hugs add me on skype!

Elin said...

Kristy...Congrats being featured ! All your hard work pays off :) and this cheese soft rolls looks good but I can't stand the smell of blue cheese :p maybe I can add some other types of cheese :) but this is definitely good for blue cheese lover. My Jo loves blue cheese so maybe I shall make some for her when she comes back :)

shaz@feedingmykidsbetter said...

Looks perfect for dinner. Thanks for sharing yet another great recipe 

Lyndsey said...

Kristy these look wonderful! I love cheese too and breads with cheese. I know you have a passion for what you do. Congrats on your mooncakes I know you deserve it.

You skype?

Sonia (Nasi Lemak Lover) said...

my kids dislike blue cheese, no chance to try out. I need a good drama, Thanks for sharing this good drama, gonna to watch it immediately.

Ashlea Taylor said...

Oh my goodness this bread looks amazing! Yum. Blue cheese is my favorite and I would love to make this!

Sutapa said...

Wow Kristy another master piece!:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...