Saturday, September 24, 2011

Northern Indian Spicy Chicken

There's so many kinds of Indian food available all around Malaysia but there still more to learn about other than the most commonly eaten like Indian flat bread, dhall curry, samosa etc. Frankly, I'm not quite familiar with most of the Indian cuisines but I do know there are differences between the Northern & Southern Indian cooking. Southern Indian cooking are mostly vegetarian and the Northern cooking is more meaty. And this spicy chicken dish is one of those Northern cuisine which I wanted to try out today. So, here we go.

Ingredients :
700gm   boneless chicken thigh, cut into bite size
1 large onion, sliced
1 tbsp  ginger, minced
1 tbsp  garlic, minced
a few cardamom pots
150gm   yogurt
100ml    full cream milk
1 bell pepper, cut in small chunk
salt & pepper to taste

Seasoning Paste :
4 tomatoes, blanched & skinned
4 tbsp  tomato puree
1 tspn  cumin powder
1 tspn  coriander powder
3 tspn   chili powder
1 tspn  garam masala

Method :
(1) preheat pan / wok with 1/3 cup cooking oil.
(2) stir in ginger, garlic, onion and cardamom pots, saute till fragrant.
(3) add in seasoning paste & chicken and simmer for 5 minutes.
(4) now, stir in bell pepper, yoghurt, milk and salt & pepper, let to cook for another few more minutes with lids on.

Oh yes, this is such flavourful dish. Just imagine those spices. Simply amazing!

 
You can either enjoy it with briyani rice, dosa or anything as desired. I love mine with some homemade roti naan. So, stay tune for my upcoming post ~ homemade molly flavour roti naan! Enjoy & have fun.

22 comments:

divya said...

Omg, seriously am drooling over those inviting curry..

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

I love Indian food, and your spicy chicken looks and sounds wonderful. I want to scoop up some of that delicious sauce with naan...

Emily Malloy said...

This looks scrumptious!

Kumi said...

This looks so good... can't wait for your naan post!

Lyndsey said...

I could have a serving of this right now please. Yum...I love Indian food, and I can't wait to see how you made your roti naan. It all looks great!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend Kristy.

Belinda @zomppa said...

I love this recipe! I am definitely going to save this one to break out this winter.

edith said...

This looks spicy and yummy. Great with a plate of hot white rice!

Sonia (Nasi Lemak Lover) said...

your curry look tempting and delicious!

Jeannie said...

That plate of curry with naan looks so delicious! I would love to have a plate for my dinner:D

Wai Kitt said...

Oooh...curry!yum yum! Can't wait to see how you made your roti naan.

鲸鱼蓝蓝蓝 said...

我带着白饭来了:P

ICook4Fun said...

I would love to have this dish with roti canai. Carlos like dishes like this. Bookmarking it and cook for him one day.

lena said...

like gert, i would also like to eat this with naan . It looks so delish! I'm also very poor differentiating the northern and the southern ones, but i always perceive the northern ones usually use yogurt or cream in their curries.

Food, Fun and Life in the Charente said...

This really looks good and I am sure it tastes it. One for my to-do list. Thanks for sharing. Have a great day. Diane

Christine's Pantry said...

Looks wonderful. Love it.

Ann said...

Oh, I bet the spices were incredible! I like meat and vegetarian curries...this looks delicious!

ChrisAu said...

Northern Indian curry...yummy!!! I always love northern India cuisines!

Cheah said...

Mmm.... salivating over your curry. Yes, will be nice to go with naan or roti canai!

Biren @ Roti n Rice said...

Your Northern Indian Spicy Chicken looks absolutely delicious! It is perfect with your naan! Every time I visit your blog, I feel a little homesick. You make such delicious food...the kind I miss.

Otehlia said...

Drooling! That looks soo good! We love new ways to eat chicken. This one I will try soon.

tigerfish said...

As long as it is delicious Indian food, vegetarian or not, I like it

Pritchard said...

Omg, seriously am drooling over those inviting curry..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...