Friday, January 13, 2012

Taiwan Pineapple Cake

These are NO store bought Taiwanese Pineapple Cake.lol! These are 100% homemade Taiwanese pineapple cake. They're all nicely wrapped and ready to be sent out later on. :o) Any of you have yet tried Taiwanese pineapple cake before!!!! Then you should give this a go. The cookie crust is nice & tender, exactly like one of those store bought ones. At the same time, not forgetting to thank the person whom gifted me this lovely mini size mooncake mould. Simply adored it! The shape is very pretty. Thanks, dear.

So, here's the recipe.
Ingredients for dough :
300gm   butter, softened
100gm   sugar
2 eggs
300gm   all purpose flour
1/2 tspn  baking soda
50ml   water

*Homemade pineapple fillings

Method :
(1) combine flour and baking soda in a big bowl, set aside.
(2) in another bowl, add together butter, sugar and eggs then beat till well combined.
(3) now, stir the butter mixture into dry ingredients and mix well.
(4) finally, add in water little by little till well combined and set aside for 30 mins.
(5) divide pineapple filling into 10gm each and dough into 30gm each.
(6) wrap fillings with dough and seal nicely, both the dough & filling are very soft so must handle with care.
(7) then slightly coat dough with 'koh fun' (cooked glutinous rice flour) and stamp each with a mould or any shape as desired.
(8) bake them at preheated oven 150'C for about 20 mins.

It turns out just the way I want it! The colour looks just fine, lightly brown.

And the fillings fit in perfectly too! I tried double up the filling but it doesn't came out right. Then have to go back to 10gm again. Whateverso, I bet you won't stop at one. I ate three in one go. HAHAHA..... Enjoy & have fun, guys!
( taiwanese cuisine, snack, pineapple, cookies )

28 comments:

Belinda @zomppa said...

So this is what you use with the jam! When are you starting your own bakery??

divya said...

Mouthwatering cake.......hmmmm yummy yummy

Aarthi said...

This is such a yummy one...I would love to try it..U have made perfectly Dear..Bookmarking it..

Aarthi
http://yummytummy-aarthi.blogspot.com/

Pam said...

Oh, I love,love pineapple and these little cakes look absolutely marvelous! Wish I had one now!!!

sylvia@peachesand donuts said...

they look divine! i think you should open a bakery!

Vimeri said...

what is the filling made out of?

lena said...

kristy, they look so festive using these mooncake moulds!

Sonia (Nasi Lemak Lover) said...

Don't know why, i don't fancy Taiwanese pineapple tart ler, still prefer the local one.Anyway, you use the mooncake mould to make this tart, look pretty.

鲸鱼蓝蓝蓝 said...

嗯,我最近也在弄台湾凤梨酥
做了一罐又一罐:)

TasteHongKong said...

There are also 100% hearty gifts, Kristy! I just finished a couple of store-bought pineapple cakes the other day. Of course, they were ordinary ones without the cinnamon flavor and not nicely shaped as yours.

reanaclaire said...

hey Kristy, they look so refined and neat... are they for sale?

Esther @x3baking said...

Wow they look soo good! I love pineapple cakes, but they only taste good if they are from Chia Te or if they are homemade. The ones bought from supermarkets taste chalky and fake. I have to try your recipe one day!

Dewi said...

Pretty looking and delicious too!

Shannon | Just As Delish said...

i've tried some of these in Taiwan before. yours look so pretty with the mooncake mould. What other mould can I use? how about a cookie mould? i imagine have to make the ball same size as the mould right? or bigger ball will be squish out of the mould.. haha

Cheah said...

Hey, good idea to make use of the mooncake mould for this purpose. Think I've tasted this before but can't remember. Yours look yummy!

Ann said...

Wow - those are absolutely stunning and professional looking. They look delicious and i love the rose mould

Angie's Recipes said...

Pineapple sweets are for sure one of must-have during CNY.

Food, Fun and Life in the Charente said...

They look so fantastic, must try this one. Diane

Magic of Spice said...

Oh wow kristy, these are just gorgeous, and incredibly delicious to top it off! I want several :)

Hayley said...

Yum yum, I want this! Very suitable as CNY cookies, hehe..

Zoe said...

You are so creative using mooncake mould to make pineapple cakes! *clap* *clap* I can see that they are all very nicely wrapped for the coming Chinese New Year celebration.

Barbara said...

Those look fabulous, Kristy! And I loved the pineapple jam recipe too. Super mold and presents these perfectly!

Elin said...

Kristy...that is a lovely pineapple tart..I have never tried the Taiwanese version of it. Thanks for sharing the recipe with us :)

Happy Lunar New Year and Gong Xi Fa Cai to you and family !

Regards,
Elin

Yummy Bakes said...

drooling... very pretty and looks yummy.

Sisk said...

Wow they look soo good! I love pineapple cakes, but they only taste good if they are from Chia Te or if they are homemade. The ones bought from supermarkets taste chalky and fake. I have to try your recipe one day!

Tess Ward said...

Hello,

I have been a consistent visitor and big fan of your site.
I really like your cooking style, especially the creative puddings :)

At the moment I am beginning a campaign for change in young adults, to get them to eat better food using inexpensive, sustainable ingredients. I am looking to work with fellow foodies and bloggers to encourage this. I am hoping to use my Facebook page and blog as a forum, where people write comments and contribute. I think your style of cooking is perfect to further this message and I would love for you to share your recipes and photos on The 'YES' Chef Facebook page -
https://www.facebook.com/tesstheyeschef and encouraging others to 'like' the page, share it and post on it…

I would also be keen to hear your thought on my blog - http://theyeschef.com/

Thanks,
Tess

dingodot said...

Where did you get the beautiful press for the pineapple cakes?

My Little Space said...

Hi Dingodot,
I'm actually using a mooncake press mould. You can get this from ebay too. Thanks so much for stopping by.
Blessings, Kristy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...