Shanghai Sweet Pancake @ Wo Bing
Ingredients for pancake crust :
125gm all purpose flour
45gm glutinous rice flour
1 TB sugar
1/2 tspn baking powder
1/4 tspn salt
(1) Combine everything and mix till well cooperated.
(2) Preheat a 9" non-stick frying pan with a bit of cooking oil then pour one scoop of mixture to the pan and let to cook till brown. But make sure you keep some leftover for the sealing task.
(3) You will get about 6 sheets of pancake then set aside to cool.
There is one more recipe for Shanghai pancake here & here, where you may as well put into consideration.
homemade red bean paste)
TO ASSEMBLE :
(1) Divide red bean paste into 3 portions, then flatten each into 5x6" or 5x5" size. Set aside.
(2) place one piece of pancake to working table, brush all sides with the leftover batter then top in the red bean paste.
(3) now, brush another piece of pancake with some batter then cover the other half of the filled pancake with it.
(4) once its done, preheat a wok with enough cooking oil and then fry pancake till brown & crispy.
(5) cut pancake into 6 or 8 slices and serve hot.
Note : its best to fry the pancake with medium heat till pancake slowly brown.