'liu sha bao' @ the Chinese molten steamed bun, we even have a stall selling it here but have yet tried or eaten it even once. lol. However, my attempt wasn't that successful actually. The fillings didn't turned out as expected but more like custard. God blessed that its still edible ! haha....
Ingredients for Egg Yolk Custard :
5 salted egg yolk (steamed for 10 minutes or till cooked then finely mashed)
120gm butter, softened
2 TB milk powder
2 TB custard powder
1 TB cornflour
80ml coconut milk
(Beat all ingredients into smooth paste and well combined, then keep refrigerated till set. When ready, divide custard paste into 14 portions and wrap with plastic sheet each of them. Again, place them back into the fridge to keep chilled before used)
wasabi paste on steamed bun. >o<
Ingredients for wasabi bun dough :
500gm all purpose flour / bao flour / Hong Kong flour
2 tspn yeast
2 TB sugar
1 tube wasabi paste
2 tspn cooking oil/ shortening
(1) mix all ingredients to form soft dough then set aside to rest for 45 minutes.
(2) now, punch dough to release extra air then knead till smooth.
(3) place dough to slightly floured working table and divide dough into 10 portions, then rest for 5 minutes.
(4) slightly press dough to the size as desired, then wrap in custard ball and nicely sealed.
(5) place wrapped dough onto parchment papers and again let to rest for another 20-25 minutes.
(6) finally, steamed buns for 18-20 minutes over high heat.
wasabi flavoured... not too heavy but just nice. Will definitely try it again. Yeap...not giving up !
Hope everyone will have a fabulous weekend. Enjoy & have fun !
I'm sending this Wild Yeast @ Yeastspotting & Foodie Friday.