Crunchy Peanut Cookies 松脆花生饼

Finally, I've done this peanut cookies which was in my list to do for a long long time. I was actually inspired by Fuss Free Cooking blog. I love how her hazelnut cookies turned out and I love the idea by using a bottle cap for her moulding process. haha.... Yeah, its cheap and easily found at any home ! The whole baking process only took me about an hour 30 minutes and its hassle free with just simple recipe. I'm glad I tried this and yes, again it's my first attempt. >o<

Ingredients :
200gm   toasted ground peanut (I used store bought)
300gm   all purpose flour
1/2 tspn baking powder
1/2 tspn  baking soda
110gm   icing sugar
1/4 tspn  salt
160ml  peanut cooking oil

* glazing :  1 eg yolk + 1 tspn milk

Method :
(1)  combine peanut, flour, sugar, salt, baking powder & baking soda into a big mixing bowl and mixed well.
(2)  add in cooking oil and stir to form a dough, crumby but be able to hold together dough.

(3) now for moulding, I used a plastic bottle cap. Insert the cap with a plastic sheet then fill in the dough. Press dough to form a cap shape then discharged from cap.

(4) you can easily remove dough from cap by pulling out the plastic sheet then place moulded dough to baking tray lined with parchment paper. Repeat method no.3 till completed.
(5) finally, brush top with egg glazing and bake for preheated oven 175'C for about 16 minutes or till golden brown.

Now, this is exactly what I want for my peanut cookies, unlike the old fashion recipe. I love the cracking look. For vegetarian baker, you may omit the egg glazing and replace with corn syrup glazing instead. Hope you guys will love it too. Have fun baking for the festive season !
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...