"Nam yue" is one of the Chinese famous red fermented beancurd which is widely used in savoury cooking and as time flies, more & more fabulous baking recipes created by using this special ingredient.
1/4 tspn salt
140gm icing sugar
1 whole egg
2 pieces red fermented beancurd included 1 tspn red gravy
1 tpsn pounded garlic
440gm all purpose flour
1 tspn 5 spice powder
1 tspn baking powder
1 tspn baking soda
40gm black sesame seeds
40gm white sesame seeds
For coating : 50gm black sesame seeds mixed with 50gm white sesame seeds
(1) blend together ingredients (B) till well cooperated. Set aside.
(2) beat ingredients (A) till creamy then stir in mixture (B) till well combined.
(3) now, fold in mixture (C) to form a soft dough, knead till smooth. Then set aside to rest for 30 minutes. For the original recipe, dough need to be chilled before used but skipped that.
(4) again, used a bottle cap for moulding then coat moulded dough with sesame seeds. Later press dough with a slightly smaller round shape gadget to the center to form the curve.
(5) finally, bake at preheated oven 175'C for about 16 minutes or till nicely brown.
(6) set to cool completely before storage.
Enjoy & Happy Festive Baking !