Ingredients for Pastry Puff click here :
- the pastry sheet recipe is just enough to make 4 sets of pastry skin.
- you've to cut out 8 pcs same size pastry dough.
- empty the centre of the moulded pastry dough on just 4 of them, by using a smaller size mould. - brush on water to the whole moulded pastry, then join the other part together.
- finally, brush on egg glaze and bake at 200'c untill golden brown.
Ingredients for Filling :
200gm chicken breast, cubed
100gm celery, cubed
100gm mushroom, slightly chopped
1 large onion, cubed
1/2 tbsp flour
1 cup milk
salt & pepper to taste
1 tspn mixed herbs
1 tspn crushed black pepper
- preheat frying pan with 2 tbsp butter.
- stir in onion and saute untill fragrant.
- add in chicken and simmer untill almost cooked.
- then stir in mushroom, celery and mixed herbs, simmer for a little while.
- now stir in salt, both peppers & flour.
- pour in the milk and stir untill became a little thicken.
- off the heat and place it to the pastry.
Phew... what a beauty!!! Yet still have to take a bite on it..... yum.....mmm.....! Four sets are really not enough. My son already place in the order lol. haha......
Without wasting, I've baked the center dough too and made them into Napoleon/Mille-Feuilli Pastry. What a double goodness!