Wednesday, September 15, 2010

ROXANNA

This post is a special dedication to Roxanna. I'm sure whoever from Foodbuzz should know her very well. I remember when I first started blogging I know nothing at all. I don't even know how to link a site.... like a dummy! haha... Yes, this is the truth! I have to be thankful to all my blogger buddies for their encouragement and sincerity. They have been so supportive and helpful all along. And today I would like to offer to do the photography job for Roxanna. I met Roxanna more than a year ago from FB. She's a very friendly and funny lady. She doesn't even owned a blog. But recently, she started posting some lovely recipes at FB site without any photos. And I have her permission to do this special project for her and post it on my blog. Roxanna will be using these photos at her FB site soon.

Here's her recipes.

Ingredients for Oatmeal Cake :
1-1/4 cup boiling water
1 cup quick oat
120gm butter, softened
2 eggs
1-1/2 cup flour
1 tspn baking soda
1 cup sugar (I used 1/2 cup)
1 cup brown sugar
1 tspn vanilla extract
1/2 tspn salt
1 tspn cinnamon powder
1/2 tspn nutmeg powder

Method :
- combine quick oat & boiling together and leave to soak for 20mins.
- beat butter and both sugar untill fluffy, then stir in eggs & vanilla exract.
- add in soaked quick oat into the batter and mix well.
- then slowly fold in flour, cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder and baking soda.
- I used three mini (11x6x8cm) trays.
- finally, bake at 170-175'c for about an hour.
- leave cool completely before slicing.


I only used half of her recipe and can feed my family for two days. The cake is so fluffy & tasty. I love especially the chewy texture from the oatmeal. Beautiful!

I'm having this with hazelnut & peanut butter spread! *_*

Ingredients for Crispy Lemon Fried Chicken :
800gm chicken, chopped
3-1/2 tspn salt
1 lemon rind
1 lemon juice
1 cup flour
1/8 tspn pepper
1 tspn paprika (I added in additional 1/2 tspn cayenne pepper)
2 tbsp water
Cooking oil for deep frying

Method :
- marinade chopped chicken meat with all the ingredients and leave aside for an hour.
- then deep fry the chicken untill cooked or brown.
- finally, decorate the fried chicken with lemon rind.



The fried chicken is so fragrant and tasty. I love the strong lemony flavour. Another yummy recipe, Roxanna! Well done!

Roxie, hope you will like the photos. And I am also hoping everyone will love your recipes as well.

30 comments:

smallkucing said...

wow...those at the restaurant normally with gravy. This one is something new.

elra said...

Your chicken sounds delicious Kristy!

Heavenly Housewife said...

It is amazing the wonderful people that you meet through blogging.
I really like the sound of that oatmeal bread.
*kisses* HH

Fimère said...

merci roxie tes recettes sont délicieuses et gourmandes et merci pour les photos sont excellentes
bonne soirée

Claudia said...

All so lovely, Kristy. You did your FB friend proud. I don't know whether to start with the cake or the chicken...

Lyndsey said...

I too have met so many helpful people through the internet and blogging. That is so nice of you to return some favors for the help that she gave you. I wouldn't of known that you were so new to blogging when I started, you looked so proffesional and your photos are stunning! Isn't is funny when we look back now how much we didn't know then! :D I still have much more to learn.

Jeannie said...

What you've said during the initial blogging sounds pretty familiar lol! I guess it happens to everyone who is not a computer wiz kid. My kids are pretty amazed that I even have a blog! Anyway, love the look of the cake and chicken, so darn delicious to look at!

Belinda @zomppa said...

Thank you for sharing Roxanne - beautiful!

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

Great recipes, and you did a great job photographing them!

Chow and Chatter said...

wow great recipes and amazing snaps feel free to add me on facebook Kristy for more snaps LOL Rebecca

Jess @ Bakericious said...

Kristy, the oatmeal cake sound healthy and delicious. The chicken looks yummy too, I love all types of chicken :).

jelena said...

You are so very kind to do this for someone! Bravo!

alison said...

you are real friend,kristy!bless you!
i know roxanna,she is so friendly and so kind!and i saw her recipe on food buzz,great your ideea to give birth to some of them!

alwayswinner786 said...

Kristy the cake is yummy and your fried chicken is irresistible!
Thanks to Roxie for such wonderful recipes and to you too!
Love always!

penny aka jeroxie said...

This is really kind of you! :)

My Little Space said...

smallkucing : Yes, indeed! I was surprised because the chicken actually so tasty and fragrant.

Elra : Glad you like this recipe! Should thank Roxie for this one!^_^

HH : Yes, it is! I'm sure Roxie going to jump with joy when reading all the comments.

Fimere : I'm glad you like the recipes as well.

Claudia : Haha... have both at the same time!

Lyndz : I think we met about a year ago, right? Still remember both of us only have a few readers. haha.... Frankly, I have to thank Rebecca for bringing in more readers to my site by passing me the awards. So, I hope I can do the same thing to my new readers too.

Jeannie : Haha...You're better! At least your boys can teach you. Me, I have to search help from else where.

Belinda : Thank you!

Andrea : Thanks alot. I hope Roxie will ike them.

Rebecca : Thanks! I'm looking forward to see those photos of yours.

Jess : Surprisingly, it tasted a little crunchy because of the oatmeal.

Jelena : Thank you. Hope you will like the recipes as well.

Alison : Actaully, she went missing after lsst X'mas! She was busy working and now slowing down already. So, she's back to FB!

Sutapa : Glad you like the recipes. Must thanks Roxie for this!

Thank you very much everyone for visiting. I'm sure Roxie will be thrilled when she sees all your wonderful comments.

ROXIE, did you see that? Everyone loves your recipes!

Hope you're all having a wonderful day.

Cheers, Kristy

Sanjeeta kk said...

Lovely to he come across your site, hope to come for more. Beautiful oats cake, perfect texture.

best wishes.

Abbey said...

Oatmeal cake? Oh yum! And the chicken sounds great too!

Emily Malloy said...

Yummmmmmmmmmm!

denise @ quickies on the dinner table said...

What a lovely friend you are Kristy :) I love the oatmeal loafcake - the texture looks perfect and I really do like the taste of oatmeal! Hope to see more from Roxie!

MacKenzie @ Fighting the Pudge said...

Gorgeous oatmeal cake! Perfect for fall, too! So many fun baking ideas for fall -- your cake is definitely going into rotation! YAY!

Hope you're fab, m'dear! xx

Angie's Recipes said...

GOSH! Twice, all I wrote was just gone.. Why I kept having problem with google comment system...(Service Unavailable Error 503).
The picture of that oatmeal cake with spread is killing me!!

Foodessa said...

Kristy...this is so fabulously generous of you ;o) Roxanna must be over the moon with joy.

That oatmeal cake looks very yummy.

Flavourful wishes,
Claudia

My Carolina Kitchen said...

Great photos. You have a very kind heart Kristy. Roxanna must be thrilled (I know I would be).
Sam

Karen said...

That chicken looks amazing...my mouth is watering! I like the addition of the lemon. Great recipes!

Terrianne, Call me Ree said...

What a great way to honor your friend Roxanna!

The cake and chicken look delicious. =)

Lyndsey said...

Kristy thanks for linking the chicken to Tailgating Time! Are you going to bring the cake too? Haha!

~3 Sides of Crazy~ said...

LOL I had the same thoughts as Lyndsey, the cake looks awesome! What a great little project you did here with these awesome recipes. Thank you for popping by tailgating time.

Martha (MM) said...

Everything looks wonderful! So nice of you to do the photography for your friend! Thanks for linking up to Tailgating Time - that chicken is the perfect tailgating food! :-)

mNhL said...

The lemon fried chicken sound so delicious.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...