Ingredients for Rose Petal Dough :
450gm all purpose flour
1 tspn baking soda
2 tbsp sugar
5gm dried rose petal, chopped
1/2 tspn salt
2 eggs, lightly beaten
- combine all ingredients to form a soft dough and leave to rest for 1/2 hour. Then divide into 60gm dough each. You can roughly get 15 pieces.
- at the same time, divide homemade mung bean paste into 60gm each too.
- I've added in some chunky red beans to the filling, to brighten up the cake a little bit. (or you can add in bacon too)
- wrap the mung bean filling with the pastry dough and arrange to the baking tray.
- no egg glaze needed in this recipe.
- bake at 200'c for 10 mins and then 180'c for another 10 mins.
* The mooncake is best to serve a day after. (keep the rest refrigerated)
Other related mooncakes :
Thousands Layer Yam pastry