Ingredients for Skin Dough :
150gm icing sugar
1 tspn vanilla extract
380gm all purpose flour
3 tbsp custard powder
- beat butter and icing sugar untill fluffy.
- add in egg & vanilla extract, and continued beating untill combined.
- stir in flour and custard powder to form a soft dough.
- divide into 14 portion (50gm-60gm/portion).
- set aside.
I am lucky enough because I don't need to prepare all the bean paste or lotus paste by myself. I could easily get these from the specialty shop. For bean paste, it only cost RM$10.00 per kg and for lotus paste is RM$20.00 per kg. So, all I need to do is divide the bean paste into small portion and add in the seeds. As for my recipe is shown as below :
Ingredients for filling:
14-15 portion red bean paste (15gm/portion)
14-15 portion pandan bean paste (35-40gm/portion)
some sunflower seeds
1 egg beaten, for glazing
- wrap red bean paste with pandan bean paste.
- roll like a ball untill complete the whole process.
- then wrap the bean paste with skin dough.
- place them to the baking tray and brush on egg glaze.
- top with sunflower seeds and then bake for 20 mins at 180'c.
- leave to cool before lifting.
Smell really fantastic....the aroma of custard and vanilla...mmm...mm...!!!
This is how it looks like after cutting. Not bad, ya! My first attempt on mooncake. I'm really happy because my husband and the kids love....it so much. They even required for more and my son told me not to buy any mooncake from the store anymore. These are much much more better than they're selling out there....ha ha ha! I guess this is a compliment from my baby!