Duo 'Rasa' Cheesecake
This morning I found some cream cheese in the fridge which doesn't look good anymore. Not yet expired but looks a little frozen at one side. I don't want to throw it away, so I decided to make something nice out of it. Since, I've been craving for cheesecake for a long time and I think it is about time....for that nice little dessert. But one thing that I worried about is the texture of the cake. The cream cheese is a little frozen...so probably the cake isn't going to turn out as smooth as it was. What the heck! I'm still go on with it.
Ingredients for cheesecake:
250gm plain biscuit or oreo, finely crushed
125gm butter, melted
750gm cream cheese, softened
3 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup sugar
150gm plain yogurt/sour cream
1 tspn lemon rind
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 pkt 3 in 1 coffee mixed/1 tspn instant coffee powder(any flavour)
Ingredients for filling :
3 apples, peeled & diced
2-1/2 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 tspn cinnamon powder
2 tspn cornstarch
- preheat pan with 1 tbsp butter
- stir in apples and cook under medium heat.
- then add in sugar and cinnamon powder.
- off the heat once the apple became juz about soft.
- stir in cornstarch and leave aside.
- combine crushed biscuit and melted butter together.
- press mixture to a 9" spring foam tray, refrigerate for 30 mins.
- beat the remaining ingredients in a big bowl (except coffee & lemon rind) untill smooth.
- divide the cream cheese mixture into 2 portion.
- add lemon rind to one portion and mix to combine.
- then add coffee to the other portion and mix to combine.
- pour coffee flavour mixture to the biscuit crust.
- bake at 180'c for 15 mins.
- then spread filling over the coffee flavour batter.
- and cover with lemon flavour batter.
- bake at 180'c for 45mins or untill just set in centre.
- cool cheesecake in oven with door ajar.
- then cover and refrigerate it overnight.
- serve chill.
Like always! My son can't wait till the next day. So, I have to cut a few slices out to satisfy him. And then keep the cake back to the fridge again untill tomorrow.
Though the texture is not exactly I wanted it to be, yet still tasty good! NO REGRET at all....ha ha ha !