Monday, September 21, 2009

Duo 'Rasa' Cheesecake

This morning I found some cream cheese in the fridge which doesn't look good anymore. Not yet expired but looks a little frozen at one side. I don't want to throw it away, so I decided to make something nice out of it. Since, I've been craving for cheesecake for a long time and I think it is about time....for that nice little dessert. But one thing that I worried about is the texture of the cake. The cream cheese is a little frozen...so probably the cake isn't going to turn out as smooth as it was. What the heck! I'm still go on with it.


Ingredients for cheesecake:

250gm plain biscuit or oreo, finely crushed
125gm butter, melted
*******************
750gm cream cheese, softened
3 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup sugar
150gm plain yogurt/sour cream
1 tspn lemon rind
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 pkt 3 in 1 coffee mixed/1 tspn instant coffee powder(any flavour)
*
Ingredients for filling :
*
3 apples, peeled & diced
2-1/2 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 tspn cinnamon powder
2 tspn cornstarch
*
- preheat pan with 1 tbsp butter
- stir in apples and cook under medium heat.
- then add in sugar and cinnamon powder.
- off the heat once the apple became juz about soft.
- stir in cornstarch and leave aside.
Method :
*
- combine crushed biscuit and melted butter together.
- press mixture to a 9" spring foam tray, refrigerate for 30 mins.
- beat the remaining ingredients in a big bowl (except coffee & lemon rind) untill smooth.
- divide the cream cheese mixture into 2 portion.
- add lemon rind to one portion and mix to combine.
- then add coffee to the other portion and mix to combine.
- pour coffee flavour mixture to the biscuit crust.
- bake at 180'c for 15 mins.
- then spread filling over the coffee flavour batter.
- and cover with lemon flavour batter.
- bake at 180'c for 45mins or untill just set in centre.
- cool cheesecake in oven with door ajar.
- then cover and refrigerate it overnight.
- serve chill.
Like always! My son can't wait till the next day. So, I have to cut a few slices out to satisfy him. And then keep the cake back to the fridge again untill tomorrow.
Though the texture is not exactly I wanted it to be, yet still tasty good! NO REGRET at all....ha ha ha !

11 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

Cheesecake with biscuit crust has always been my favourite.
The texture of this cheesecake doesn't look wrong at all, and the topping is the perfect, no crack, or burnt spots....just right.
Angie's Recipes

Laura said...

How often do you bake? I get the impression everytime I browse your blog there is a new fantastic recipe!

cherry potato said...

oh, rich cheesecake again........

Mary said...

I so love cheesecake! The problem is cheesecake so loves my hips. Have a great day.

Diana Bauman said...

Very Yummy Kristy!!

Diana Bauman said...

Kristy, can you send me your email again? diana{at}phileodesign{dot}com

Chow and Chatter said...

love this recipe, you are a great baker, Love Laura comment lol

My Little Space said...

Angie : Thank you so much. That's very kind of you and I'm really appreciate it.

Laura : I've no idea! It's not easy to get special bakery in my town, so I've to make them my own whenever I'm craving for something.

C/Potato : Yeap, it is! he he...

Mary : You're so right! Cheesecake too love my hips...ha ha !

Diana : OK, no problem!

Rebecca : Thank you so very much LoL!

Cinnamon Girl aka Reeni♥ said...

This looks delicious! Love the apple filling!

Elra said...

scrumptious and delicious cheesecake!

Jhonny walker said...

Another lovely cheesecake.Btw I adore the cover picture of your blog. Awfully awfully cute :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...