Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Apfelstrudel @ Apple Strudel

Gosh, its time to have something sweet ! I'm almost stressed out for past few weeks and I am desperate for something sweet to gain back my energy & also the BIG smile on my face. What an excuse ! Oh well, we ladies always have such terrific excuses to pamper ourselves. haha..... Me & my kids are big fan of this delicious apple strudel.or apfelstrudel in German. Apple strudel is the national dish of Austria and it's a very popular pastry in many countries in Europe as well. Nowadays, it's too became such an addictive desserts at most Malaysian's home. And I am honoured bringing it to my home as well. Remember the last one I made was with apples & nectarine fillings but with Chinese pastry. And this round I'm going to use western pastry for the crust.

And here's what I did.
Ingredients for apple fillings :
8 large green apples, diced
3/4 cup  raisins
1 lemon juice & rinds
1 lime juice & rinds
1 cup  brown sugar
1 tspn  cinnamon powder
1 tspn  nutmeg powder
2 TB  all purpose flour (optional)
8 slices large soda cracker, finely crushed
(combine everything and mixed well, set aside)

Ingredients for pastry crust :
1 recipe of pastry crust from here.
Preferably kept refrigerated overnight.
* 1 egg, beaten for glazing, or my other pastry crust from here


Method :
(1) roll pastry dough into really thin pastry sheet around 13x30", divide into 3 portions.
(2) spread in apple fillings to pastry sheets, roll each up & wrapped nicely.
(3) place filled up pastry to a slightly greased baking tray then brushed on egg glazing.
(4) finally, bake at preheated oven 190'C for about 40-45 minutes.
(5) leave cool then sprinkle on icing sugar & serve.

Ooooo....here comes the nicely baked apple strudel ! Look awesome. Isn't it ?

Hooray ! I'm really glad the pastry works well at last. The layering turns up so beautifully. Such a great satisfaction. Hope you guys have a fabulous week ahead.
*
I'm sending this to Foodie Friday.

15 comments:

Pamela said...

Dear Kristy! I must tell you this is my favorite sweet treat! I love apples and the apple strudel is so soft and light that I prefer it to any other, the taste of ground cinnamon is so delicious! Great recipe!

Dewi said...

One of my favorite way to use apple for dessert.

~ Nee ~ said...

Hi Kristy , what a great way to get your sugar fix , What a gorgeous strudel , pass me a hunk :)

Medeja said...

Oh Kristy, your strudel looks so good :) I like it a lot but never tried making it at home :)

CaThY said...

I love this! wow, I muz say you are very good in doing puff pastry =)

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Look yummy! can I have some?

MiMi Bakery House said...

Kristy..these apple strudels are my favourite too..we used to buy these strudels from Australia bcos they were so fresh with the apples n custard. but it has been a long time since my last strudel..
Thanks for showing your lovel strudel, looks great!!

Linda said...

Wow, this looks great!

Nammi said...

Can I have a slice of that. looks so delicious. this is one of the recipes I keep meaning to try.

Angie Schneider said...

I would love a small slice too! It looks divine, Kristy.
Hope you have a relaxing weekend!
Angie

Jeannie Tay said...

Hi Kristy, I love the look of your apple strudel, just like those store bought version! must be delicious!

Sokehah Cheah said...

Wow, I'd like to sink my teeth into one slice of this.

Diane Balch said...

I've never made apple strudel and I think I need too. Pinning thanks for sharing this with us on foodie friday.

Pam said...

I definitely love this and ate it many times when we lived in Germany. This is a must try, it has to be delicious!

mui mui said...

Hi Kristy,
I was thinking of making apple strudel just a few days ago. I am going to try with filo pastry.

Yours looks awesome with your homemade pastry. Must be so delicious!!

Have a nice week ahead!

mui

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...