galangal, ginger, lemongrass & garlic on its basic seasoning gravy. But still its added in a plentiful mixture of spices.
3 whole chicken leg including thigh, deboned
salt & pepper to taste
8-9 bamboo sticks, soaked for 30 minutes before used
Method : Wash and clean up the bamboo sticks then set aside. Now, cut chicken meat into big chunks and then thread about 4-5 pieces of meat on each bamboo stick till everything completed. Then keep refrigerated.
20 dried red chilies, halved & soaked for an hour or till soft
1 large onion, sliced
4 shallots, skinned & sliced
water for blending
1 tspn cumin powder
1 tspn coriander powder
1 tspn fennel powder
1 small cinnamon stick
2 star anise
3 cardamom seeds
250ml thick coconut milk
1 tspn salt
1 tspn vegetable granules
3 TB brown sugar
(1) drain soaked chilies and rinse for a couple of times till seeds are gone.
(2) place together chilies, onion, shallots & add in some water to blend into paste by using a electrical blender.
(3) when done, place mixture to a bowl & stir in cumin powder, coriander powder, fennel powder, salt, vegetable granules & brown sugar then mix well.
(4) now, preheat a wok or frying pan with 1/2 cup of cooking oil then add in cinnamon stick, star anise, cardamon seeds & cloves, saute till fragrant.
(5) next, place in the blended paste and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes then stir in coconut milk and continue cooking till mixture turned thick.
(6) when done, cool before marinade to chicken meat.