Roti Paung Kuala Terengganu 登嘉楼传统小面包
410gm all purpose flour
2 tspn yeast
1 TB sugar
1 tspn salt
1 cup water
1 egg, do not beat
60gm butter, melted
**2 TB all purpose flour (keep for later use)
**cooking oil for hand coating
(1) combine flour, yeast, sugar, egg, water, butter & salt into a big mixing bowl, then stir to form a soft & sticky dough.
(2) now, add in the remaining 2 TB of flour and continue mixing till everything is well cooperated then set aside to rest for an hour or till double in size.
(3) when ready, coat both hands with some cooking oil then press & punch dough to release excess air and continue kneading till smooth.
(4) place dough to slightly floured working table, divide them into 20gm each.
(5) again coating both hands with some cooking oil, then round dough and place them to a 9x13" greased tray.
(6) when done, leave dough to rest for 30-40 minutes.
Refer here for homemade steamed kaya.