BBQ Marmite Chicken Wings 妈蜜烤鸡翅膀

 
I've been extremely busy for the past two weeks cause hubby has admitted to hospital due to malaria fever. He is fine now. However, the doctor still won't allow him to discharge cause he is still a carrier..... malaria positive !  Need to be malaria negative or zero before the doctor allowed him to leave. They want to make sure that the malaria parasite won't transfer to others (through mosquito bite) especially his family members, neighbours or nearby friends. And here's some info regarding MALARIA FEVER.

Since I have a busy schedule routine, I'm still hoping to plan the meal for both hubby & the kids at the same time. I want something simple and easy to manage. So, I guess baking should be the best way. And here I have prepared the marmite chicken wings. Actually, I personally don't really like taking marmite. However, it changed my mind immediately when marmite prepared in a different way. So, here's what I did.

Ingredients :
6 pieces  chicken wings
salt & pepper to taste
2 TB  shao xing wine
1/2 TB light soy sauce
2 tspn  tapioca starch
1 TB  vegetarian oyster sauce
1 TB  marmite / vegemite
1 TB  brown sugar
2 tspn  sesame oil

Method :
(1) marinade chicken wing with salt & pepper then set aside to rest for 10 minutes.
(2) in a different bowl, beat together shao xing wine, soy sauce, marmite and tapioca starch till well cooperated, then stir in oyster sauce, brown sugar and sesame oil till well mixed.
(3) now, marinade chicken wings with the seasoning mixture then keep refrigerated for at least one hour.

(4)  when ready, insert skewer or bamboo stick into chicken wings and bake at preheated oven at 195'C till cooked. Flip chicken wings on & off till its turned golden brown. If possible, brush on the remaining marinade sauce to chicken wings on & off.

Truly satisfying ! Love how the colour turns out. Absolutely gorgeous. My boy finished most of them.>o<
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...