Banana Apple Yogurt Bundt Cake
What do you think when you served this to someone who is not a cake lover ? And the answer is "hmm...mm..hmm...mm..!!!", totally speechless!!! Oh yes, that's my hubby alright! I made this yesterday. And I tried to get 2 slices onto a plate for myself but then he walked past. So, I handed him the cakes. I didn't asked anything because I knew that he doesn't like cakes at all. But then I overheard him mumbling something like "hmm...mm..hm...mm!!!". I turned to look at him. Oh my god, I said to myself! My hubby had finished up the cakes. I'm totally flattered. Oh no, most probably he juz hungry. Again, I said to myself! So, after half an hour he came to the kitchen and grab another piece. I'm looking at him with my eyes and mouth opened widely. I was asking him if he is hungry then I wanted to make something for him to eat. "No, no, I'm not hungry..." he answered me and then he went off with a slice of cake. Oh my, I think this cake is absolutely irresistible! It's moist and soft, not too sweet with a little sour flavour from the apple...And I don't even need to spread on the sugar cream! Wonderful indeed.
1/3 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tspn vanilla essence
1 cup mashed banana
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tspn baking powder
1 tspn baking soda
1/2 tspn salt
3/4 cup yogurt
icing sugar for dusting
1 green apple, cubed
- combine flour, baking soda & baking powder together.
- cream butter and sugar untill combined.
- add in eggs & vanilla essence, whisk untill well mixed.
- stir in mashed banana and mix well.
- stir flour mixture & yogurt alternately.
- pour 1/2 batter into a bundt cake pan, then place in the apples.
- cover with the remaining batter.
- bake at 180'c for 50mins - 60mins.
- leave cool for 10mins before removing from the tray.
Perfectly done and still in good shape LOL! he he....
Probably add in an extra walnuts will be perfect! Oh no, I think I'm happy enough to let it be in this way. ha ha...