Potatoes Stew With Noodle
This potatoes stew always my favourite dish when I was little and still is! This is also my first recipe in cooking. My mom used to cook this with pork chop and it tasted absolutely fantastic. Now, it's my turn to cook for my children! Yeah, time just flies by huh.
200gm boneless chicken breast, sliced into bite size
5 potatoes, cut into wedges
1 large onion, quartered
3 tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce
1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tspn dark soy sauce (optional)
2 cups water
ground pepper to taste
* Thickening : 1/3 cup water + 1 tspn corn starch (optional)
- marinade sliced chicken breast with some HP sauce/Worcestershire sauce, salt & pepper and 2 tspn corn starch.
- preheat frying pan/wok with enough oil to fry the potatoes.
- fry potatoes untill golden brown and set aside.
- remove oil from the previous frying pan and leave only about 2 tbsp cooking.
- stir in marinated chicken meat and saute untill cooked.
- switch to low heat, add in seasonings except water and stir well.
- now add in water and switch to medium heat.
- let it simmer untill the potatoes became tender.
- omit the thickening if the gravy already thick enough.
- off the heat once it's ready to serve.Now, here's the potatoes stew. You need to prepare more gravy if serve with noodles. Probably, add in an extra 1 cup of water and 1 tbsp oyster sauce. Normally, I cooked extra and save some for the next day to go with noodles.
- boil any kind of noodles as desired and veggies untill cooked or soft. (suggesting instant noodles)
- then place noodle to a plate, add in 1 tspn sesame oil and mix well.
- finally, top with potatoes stew and boiled veggies.