400gm long beans (washed and cut into about 2" long)
1/2 tbsp chopped garlic
1/2 tbsp chopped scallion
1/2 tbsp chopped ginger
2 tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce
handful of fried anchovies (optional)
- preheat wok or frying pan with enough cooking oil for frying.
- stir in the long beans and fry untill became soft over medium heat.
- off the heat, remove the beans from the pan and set aside.
- preheat the pan again and reduce the cooking oil to about 2-3 tbsp.
- stir in chopped garlic, ginger & scallion, simmer untill aromatic.
- add in fried long beans and simmer for about a minute.
- off the heat, add in oyster sauce & fried anchovies and stir well.
- And serve.
This is a very simple dish. Yet it's still nice to go with any plain rice or pasta. For me, I would have this with a fried egg and some plain rice, then top with a little caramel dark soy sauce. Yumm.... I told you so! Simple is nice.... So, enjoy the new year!
MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL!