This is the 3rd dish out of the 10. Again, I hated it.... I mean the cleaning job! I spent so much time in cleaning the shoots and cutting them. But it's all worth it though. Everyone enjoying this simple stir fry green vegetables alot. It's spicy but unlike those sambal belacan cooking style. I'm using the whole dried shrimps which gives you a nice chew between the shoots.
Ingredients : (serve 10)
3 big bunch of wild fern shoots
(get more than 1/2kg after cleaning)
60gm dried shrimp, soaked
3 scallion, sliced
5 cloves garlic, chopped
a few slices ginger, chopped
5 birdseye chilies, roughly chopped
salt to taste
*Don't you love the green on the plate! It looks so greenlicious. :o)
(1) clean and pick the wild fern shoots and then rinse with clean water for several times.
(2) cook the clean fern shoots in boiling water (with 1 tbsp cooking) for 2 mins, drained & set aside.
(3) preheat frying pan or wok with 1/2 cup of cooking oil.
(4) stir in chopped garlic, ginger, sliced scallion and soaked dried shrimp, saute untill fragrant.
(5) add in salt (I used 3/4 tspn) then follow by chilies and cooked fern shoots.
(6) stir fry fern shoots untill well cooked.
(7) off the heat, and serve warm.