Ingredients for Crumble Topping :
2 tbsp sugar
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup roasted walnuts, chopped
(1) cream butter & sugar untill fluffy.
(2) fold in flour and mix to form a soft dough.
(3) add in chopped walnuts and mix combine.
(4) wrap dough with a plastic sheet and keep chilled for 15 mins.
Ingredients for Cake :
20gm butter, melted
2 tbsp golden syrup/honey
150ml homemade fruit/apple cider
2 cup all purpose flour
2 tspn baking powder
1/4 tspn ginger powder
1/4 cup brown sugar
5 pitted dates, roughly chopped
5 pitted prunes, roughly chopped
(1) combine butter, cider & syrup in a big bowl.
(2) fold in flour, sugar, ginger powder & baking powder, mix well.
(3) stir in chopped prunes & dates and mix to combine.
(4) fill paper cups up to 70% batter and top with crumble topping.
(5) then bake at preheated oven 175'C for about 30 mins.
The cakes turned out looking great... soft texture, crunch topping with assorted sweetness!
I can even smell the aroma of cider, really inviting! The aging cider tastes even stronger and more to alkohol. Where the freshly made ones is more to fruity flavour. I will have to make another batch soon when my next batch of homemade cider is ready to use. Enjoy!