Monday, February 28, 2011
And I have mine version here.
500gm fish paste
5 pcs pressed tofu
10 red chilies
20 fried tofu puffs
1 eggplant, here
Ingredients for gravy :
3 cups water
3 shallots, roughly chopped
1 inch knob ginger, roughly smashed
1 tbsp fermented soy bean paste
3 tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce
1 tspn light soy sauce
pepper to taste
(1) firstly, clean, cut & stuffs all the ingredients with fish paste then set aside.
(2) now, place all the gravy ingredients into a big pot and bring to boil.
(3) then switch to low heat, in another hand prepare another frying pan/wok with oil to fry all the stuffed ingredients.
(4) fry all the stuffed ingredients over low heat untill light brown and then transfer them to the gravy pot & continue boiling over low heat for about 20-30 mins.
* Only put in the stuffed chilies 10 mins before it's ready.
Of course, other than using bean curd, tofu puffs, eggplants & chillies for stuffing. You might as well use bitter gourd, ladyfingers, mushroom and bean curd sheet (for wu xiang).
Now, here's the 7th out of the 10 dishes. I'm trying to balance my menu with this special vegetarian dish by using vegetarian lamb meat. Basically, vegetarian meat is made of flour or soy bean and meaning pretty much tasteless. By making it in this way, it's a total winner. I have been quiet the whole night about this vegetarian dish, unless someone ask me about it. Well, they did! They started asking questions after their first bite on it. haha... They were surprised when I told them this is a vegetarian dish because it doesn't taste like one. The whole dish gone within a second. Well, you might as well use the real lamb meat by following the same recipe as given below. If the meat is too dense then add in a little extra water to simmer untill tender.
Ingredients for Vegetarian Creamy Curry Lamb :
500gm vegetarian lamb meat
2 stalks lemongrass, trimmed & cut into 2
1-1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp kurma powder (corriander powder for replacememnt)
2 cups coconut milk
Blended paste :
1 large onion
1 inch ginger
5 cloves garlic
10 birds eye chillies
Method : Please refer here.
My Chinese New Year Party Menu Listed as follow :
(1) Chinese Chicken Meat Roll @ wu xiang
(2) Simple Stir Fried Spicy Fern Shoots
(3) Ikan Kembung With Pickled Mustard In Assam Soup
(4) Yu Shang @ Raw Fish Salad
(5) Baby Kai Lan In Braised Taro
(6) Hakka Stuffed Bean Curd @ Yong Tofu
(7) Vegetarian Lamb Meat In Creamy Curry
(8) Fragrant rice & White rice
(9) Roasted Black Pepper Chicken
(10) Desserts : Swirl Berry Cheesecake & 'Kuai Lin Go' Jelly
Saturday, February 26, 2011
Ingredients for Crumble Topping :
2 tbsp sugar
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup roasted walnuts, chopped
(1) cream butter & sugar untill fluffy.
(2) fold in flour and mix to form a soft dough.
(3) add in chopped walnuts and mix combine.
(4) wrap dough with a plastic sheet and keep chilled for 15 mins.
Ingredients for Cake :
20gm butter, melted
2 tbsp golden syrup/honey
150ml homemade fruit/apple cider
2 cup all purpose flour
2 tspn baking powder
1/4 tspn ginger powder
1/4 cup brown sugar
5 pitted dates, roughly chopped
5 pitted prunes, roughly chopped
(1) combine butter, cider & syrup in a big bowl.
(2) fold in flour, sugar, ginger powder & baking powder, mix well.
(3) stir in chopped prunes & dates and mix to combine.
(4) fill paper cups up to 70% batter and top with crumble topping.
(5) then bake at preheated oven 175'C for about 30 mins.
The cakes turned out looking great... soft texture, crunch topping with assorted sweetness!
I can even smell the aroma of cider, really inviting! The aging cider tastes even stronger and more to alkohol. Where the freshly made ones is more to fruity flavour. I will have to make another batch soon when my next batch of homemade cider is ready to use. Enjoy!
Thursday, February 24, 2011
(2) by using the same wok or frying pan, stir in ginger, shallot, garlic and dried shrimps.
(3) saute untill fragrant, add in red fermented bean curd & fried taro and mix well.
Monday, February 21, 2011
1/2 cup heavy cream
This creamy butter prawns is one of the most popular seafood dish over here in Malaysia & Singapore. The sauce is so flavourful and tasty delicious. I bet you will never had enough of this. But before cooking, a proper cleaning need to be done to the prawns. Make sure you cut the back of the prawns about three quarter deep and pull out the intestine neatly. The deepness of the cut will gives a nice curl to the prawns after cooked. It's best to leave the head stick to it, unless if you're making stir fried. I'm sure this is something irresistible to all. Enjoy!
Saturday, February 19, 2011
And not forgetting Penny @ Addictive & Consuming throwing an International Incident Sundae Party on this coming Sunday, 20th February. Make sure you're there.
Hmmm..... Need I say more! And sure the children will love it especially during this hot season.
This is another simple mixed fruits & nuts sundae. I just fill 50% of the cup with green pear, plum, mandarin orange and some cashew nuts. Then top with frutti-tutti ice-cream and cherry. Quick & yummy! Hope you will all enjoy this recipe as it is just a simple quick whip. Have fun!
Thursday, February 17, 2011
(combine all and mix well, change the amout according to taste as desired)
(1) soak shredded radish in clean water for about 30 mins, to wash away the unpleasent taste.
* I'm stealing this idea from Biren @ Roti & Rice. This is the replacement for red pickled ginger.
Tuesday, February 15, 2011
And here's a little something from me to all.
I have the sponge and cream ready 2 days before. I wasn't really sure what I wanted to do with them at first. Well, it happened spontaneously this afternoon.... just a click! And ta...da..... here's my little sweetheart torte! Something sweet & lovely for myself and the kids. :o) Hope you will like it too.
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY TO ALL !