So, here's what I did.
1 large fried beancurd sheet, cut small & soaked
20gm black wood ears, soaked
10gm dried lily buds, soaked
40gm glass vermicelli, soaked
quarter or half chinese/napa cabbage, cut into bite size
handful of shredded ginger
1-1/2 cube fermented red soybean curd
salt to taste
1 cup water
*thickening : 1 tbsp water + 1 tspn tapioca starch
(1) preheat wok/pan with just enough oil, add in ginger once it's hot enough & saute till fragrant.
(2) stir in napa cabbage, wood ear and lily buds, let simmer for a couple of minutes by stirring constantly.
(3) next, add in fermented bean curd and mix till combined.
(4) add in water and cook over high heat, add in soaked glass vermicelli half way through.
(5) let it simmer over low heat till gravy almost thicken or dry.
(6) finally, stir in thickening and then off the heat. Keep on stirring till you get very thick gravy and then transfer to a serving plate.
I'm sending this to Muhibbah Malaysian Monday.