Friday, June 29, 2012
Roll Oat Mulberry Drop Biscuit
drop biscuit. This scone like drop biscuit is another popular English tea snack in US. It's actually something quite similar to scone except that the dough is dropped by a spoon rather than shaping them by cutter.
And here's what I did.
3 cups all purpose flour
1 cup roll oat
100gm brown sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tspn baking soda
1 tspn salt
1 cup dried mulberries
125gm cold butter, diced
1 cup sour cream
3/4 cup full cream milk (or any milk)
1 tspn vanilla extract
(1) combine ingredients (A) into a big mixing bowl and mix well.
(2) add in butter and rub with fingers till well combined.
(3) next, stir in ingredients (C) and mix to form a soft dough, do not over mix the dough.
(4) then scoop with an ice cream gadget to baking tray.
(5) finally, bake at preheated oven 175'C for about 15 mins.