Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Dunkin‘ Donuts ~ International Picnic Party


Halo halo....It's the once a year event....bring a dish to the International Picnic Party hosted by Louise @ Months of Edible Celebrations ! Last year I managed to pick the letter 'G' and brought along Gugelhoph Twister to the party and this year I'm lucky enough to pick up the letter 'D' and I am bringing in Dunkin' Donuts ~ With Maple syrup & Honey Frosting. Here's the following links to the menu before me.

A ~ Artichokes Steamed & Dressed With Mayo
B ~ Baked Beans
C ~ Cauliflower Tabboulleh
D ~ Dunkin' Donuts ~ With Maple syrup & Honey Frosting

Now, here's the recipe.
Ingredients :
(A)
3-3/4 cups  all purpose flour
1 tspn  salt
3 tbsp  sugar
1-1/2 tspn  yeast

(B)
3 eggs & 1 egg yolk
135ml  milk (50-50 milk & water)

(C)
120gm cold butter, diced

Method :
(1) combine ingredients (A) into a big bowl and mix well.
(2) then stir in ingredients (B) into (A) till everything well combined.
(3) finally, add in butter and knead till well mixed then set aside to rest for 1.5 hour or till double in size.
(4) once it's ready, knead fermented dough to release air and then place it onto slightly floured working table.
(5) then roll dough out flat into rectangle shape and again let to rest for an hour.
(6) now, cut dough with doughnut cutter then again rest for another 30 mins.
(7) next, fry dough till brown and set aside to cool.
(8) finally, glaze each doughnuts with frosting as desired.

Ingredients for Maple & Honey Frosting :
2 cups  icing  sugar
4 tbsp  maple syrup
2 tbsp  honey
3 tbsp  butter
(stir everything together till well combined)





I made these on last Saturday and was actually in a rush so the frosting looks a bit messy. Good excuses! hehe.... My whole family was actually rushing back to my in law's place in the evening to celebrate the Chinese Dumpling Festival (Duan wu jie). And I'm not bringing back any traditional dumpling but some homemade dunkin' donuts ! Cool huh! haha.... Probably, we need a change ! However, hope you guys will love this too. Enjoy !
*
Happy International Picnic Day !
*
I'm sending this to Wild Yeast @ Yeastspotting & Bake Your Own Bread

31 comments:

Betty said...

adoro queste ciambelline... che delizia!
brava brava.
un abbraccio grande.

Nashreen said...

This is looking so yummy and irresistible!:-)

MaryMoh said...

You made Dunkin Donuts? Wow...they look so tempting! Any more left for me or not? :D It's a long time I have not eaten donuts. Maybe I should make one day. I will eat them for breakfast, lunch and dinner....hehe. But wait, I have to make lots of them otherwise there'll be nothing left for me! Hope you have a lovely day. Mary

Pegasuslegend said...

licking the screen and embarassed thanks Girlfriend! :)

lena said...

good morning kristy, these are so delicious and look at the beautiful glaze! i'm 'going' to the picnic too, will grab two of these for sure!

アンゼエリン said...

This is good for picnic

Vivian Pang said...

Donat with sweet glaze definitely tasty!

reanaclaire said...

wow... i m sure these beat those donuts stalls sold commercially.. :)

Elin said...

Kristy...I am hungry lo...just looking at the finger licking frosting :) yummy !

鲸鱼蓝蓝蓝 said...

那个frosting看起来好吸引:)

~~louise~~ said...

Looks like Lena and I will be sitting close by, Kristy. Your "Dunkin' Donuts look fabulous!!!

Thank you so much for bringing them to the picnic!!!

Honey Bee Sweets said...

Drools!!!! With a cup of coffee and I'm dunkin alright, haha! Looks really yum. ;) Have a great evening Kristy!

Biren @ Roti n Rice said...

I recently had Dunkin donuts when I was stuck at the airport. Yours look so much better - so light and fluffy. Have a great week!

Rosita Vargas said...

Te han quedado perfectos absolutamente deliciosos,abrazos hugs,hugs.

kitchen flavours said...

Nice picnic treat! How many did you make? I hope there will be enough to go round for second round! Hehe! Looks so good! I'm bringing a fruity dessert!

Lyndsey said...

I would take a bite of this before it made it on the picnic! Where do you find the time? Love it!

Heather @girlichef.com said...

holy cow, these look AMAZING! I don't think I'd be able to contain myself...good thing I'll be at the picnic! =) I hope you'll drop by and share these with BYOB - Bake Your Own Bread (http://www.girlichef.com/p/byob-bake-your-own-bread.html) this month, as well!

Mich - Piece of Cake said...

Hi, came across your blog from The Picnic Game and love your donuts. This was my favourite during my student days in the USA and yours look so much like theirs! Please pass me some during the picnic :)

Kathy said...

Hi Kristy, It’s nice to meet you and your lovely blog. Your doughnuts are a perfect addition to the picnic basket…I can’t wait to have one! I'm wishing this picnic was real and not virtual, all the food looks so delicious!
Have a great day!

Heather @girlichef.com said...

Thanks so much for bringing these over and adding them to the bread basket, Kristy...I still cannot look at them without my mouth watering and my cheeks tingling. YUM!

I Wilkerson said...

The maple frosted Dunkin' Donuts were always my very favorite! Thanks for bringing them to the picnic!

Erica Retrochef said...

OK, wow. I am now really, really craving a maple-frosted donut! AND, now I can make my own :-) Thanks for your picnic donation!

Gloria said...

What delicious and yummy dunky doughnuts!!

denise @ singapore shiok said...

Kristy, your doughnuts are PERFECT. Such an amazing texture! Must try your recipe next time I make yeasted doughnuts :)

Baking Addict said...

Hi! I'm visiting from the Picnic Game. Love your donuts especially the maple and honey frosting - yum! I'm sure they didn't last long!

Quay Po Cooks said...

My dear Kristy, did you see me stuffing myself with your donuts? They are as good as the ones I just had in the states. Two Thumbs UP!!

Medeja said...

Great treat! not for every day..but reall tempting :)

Anonymous said...

My family always say that I am wasting my time here at net,
but I know I am getting experience all the time by reading such pleasant posts.


Feel free to surf to my web site ... wearelyrics.com

Anonymous said...

Hello, the whole thing is going fine here and
ofcourse every one is sharing data, that’s in
fact fine, keep up writing.

my site: http://www.3arablook.com/
Also see my webpage: http://www.weareset.com/link/3259

Anonymous said...

Spot on with thіѕ ωrite-up, I seriously think this ѕite neeԁѕ far more attention.

I'll probably be returning to see more, thanks for the info! tinnitus causes

Anonymous said...

Appreсiate thіs post. Will try it out.
visit the up coming article

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...