Tocino is well known as sweet cured pork or meat and it is one of the famous cuisine of the Philippines. Tocina is a kind of sweet cooked meat which is so irresistible. Since there's NO PIG in the house, I'm going to use chicken fillet on this recipe with my special homemade red fermented rice paste. I'm sure you're getting excited to find out as well. So, here we go.
2 whole chicken fillet, cut into thin shreds
1/2 cup light soy sauce
2 tbsp homemade red yeast paste
3 tbsp pineapple juice
1 cup brown sugar
2 tspn salt
(1) combine all ingredients and leave to marinade for 2 hours or over night.
(2) preheat frying pan with just enough cooking oil, stir in marinated chicken meat and leave to simmer over low flame till the meat is well cooked & nicely brown.
Ingredients for Butter Mushroom & leek :
1 pkt white beech mushrooms
2 chinese leek, thinly sliced
1 big onion, diced
2 tomatoes, diced
dash of black pepper
salt to taste
2 tbsp butter
(1) preheat frying pan with butter then add in onion and saute till fragrant.
(2) now, stir in mushrooms, chinese leek, salt & pepper and black pepper.
(3) simmer all ingredients till tender and then off the heat.
(4) finally, add in tomatoes.
Other additional ingredients : lettuce & parmesan cheese.