Wednesday, June 13, 2012
Hoddeok @ Korean Sweet Pancake
Hoddeok or Hotteok meaning filled pancake if not mistaken. Correct me if it is not ! :o) It is a very thin fried pancake which is usually filled with ground nuts or sweet paste. Eventhough this is my first attempt. I am falling in love with it already.
Now, here's what I did.
2 tspn yeast
80ml warm water
2 tbsp sugar
180ml warm milk (50% milk + 50% water)
1-3/4 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup glutinous rice flour
1 tspn salt
a dash of sesame oil
For filling : 500gm red bean paste/lotus paste/mung bean paste/grind nuts
(1) combine ingredients (A) and set aside to rest for 15 mins.
(2) then stir together ingredients (B) & (A) till well mixed then set aside to rest for an hour or till double in size.
(3) once it's ready, punch and knead dough to release air till smooth.
(4) divide dough into 12 portions for bigger sizes or 15 portions for smaller sizes.
(5) wrap each dough with 25gm of fillings (L) and then seal nicely, set aside to rest for 15 mins.
(6) once it's ready, flatten each filled dough and pan fried them with just enough cooking oil till both sides turned golden brown.
(7) serve warm.
I'm sending this to Wild Yeast @ Yeastspotting.