Black Berry Jam Oat Bars

I think most of us momsie have problems trying to settle the unwanted or leftover food at home, right? Well, I have a bottle of black berry jam which was left aside for sometime. Don't know why my kids don't seem to like it ! I knew that it is impossible to finish the whole bottle of jam all by myself and don't like storing it for long period in the fridge as well. So, have decided to work it out on something else....something more saleable. hahaha.... 


So, here's what I did.
Ingredients :
(A)
2 cup  quick oat
1-1/2 cup  all purpose flour
1 tspn baking powder
2/3 cup  brown sugar

(B)
250gm  butter

*1/2 cup  almond flakes
*1 bottle black berry jam

Method :
(1) combine ingredients (A) into a big mixing bowl & stir well.
(2) add ingredient (B) into (A) and rub by fingers till everything well combined.
(3) reserve 1-1/2 cup of mixture and set aside, then press the remaining mixture to a 9-13" tray.
(4) bake at preheated oven 185-190'C for 15 mins and cooled.
(5) once it's ready, spread on the black berry jam and then cover it by the reserved mixture and almond flakes.
(6) again, send in to bake for 15-20 mins at 185-190'C or till brown.
(7) finally, set aside to cool before slicing it.


Guess what? These bars are actually quite saleable. haha...... My family managed to polish off everything in two days. What a way to bottom up the jam huh. :o)  Frankly, I really love & enjoy the oat flavour and will definitely try out the roll oat some day.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...