Monday, July 30, 2012
My Fancy Yuzu Wasabi & Lime Curd Castella
lime curd & wasabi castella are awesome. So, it doesn't matter at all about the shape. But of course, I'll try my best to make a perfect one someday. :o) Again, thanks Sonia for her lovely yuzu powder.
5 egg yolk
3 tbsp sugar
5 egg white
1 tbsp sugar
100gm bread flour
1 tbsp yuzu powder
about 1/2 - 1 cup lemon lime curd
(E) ~ For 2nd cake
1 tbsp wasabi paste
two drops of green food colouring
(1) beat ingredients (B) till foamy then set aside.
(2) now, beat ingredients (A) till light & pale then stir in ingredients (C) till well mixed.
(3) then fold ingredient (B) into (A) in two batches, mix till combined.
(4) fill batter into a 9.5x3.5x3.5" tray lined with parchment paper and then drizzle on the curd.
(5) finally bake at preheated oven 155-160'C for about 50-55mins.
(6) once it's done, immediately remove pan from oven then drop it to the counter from about one foot high to prevent shrinkage.
(7) leave to cool before removing the cake from tray then wrap cake with aluminium foil and keep refrigerated overnight by placing it upside down before serving.
For wasabi cake :
Repeat method (1), (2) and then stir in ingredients (C) but omit the yuzu powder. Next, place three quarter of the batter to a lined cake tray. Mix ingredient (E) into the remain batter and mix well then fold into cake tray. Finally, repeat method (5), (6) & (7).