Monday, July 9, 2012
Soft Buttery Danish Loaf
However, here's the recipe.
400gm bread flour
100gm all purpose flour
20gm yeast (I used 2 tbsp)
2 eggs, beaten
1 tspn salt
(at room temperature then slice into pieces)
(1) combine flour, sugar. yeast, eggs & water into a big bowl and stir to form a soft dough.
(2) add in butter & salt and knead to combine and then set aside to rest for an hour or till double it size.
(3) now, punch dough to release air then place it to working table and knead to smooth.
(4) roll dough into rectangle shape and place in butter. For further instruction, please follow here. To make it easier, I didn't used chilled butter. It works quicker than usual cause saving me a lot of rolling process.
(5) keep the finished dough chilled before dividing & braiding.
(6) place braided dough to a 4.5x4.5x10" greased loaf pan or separate them into two smaller trays.
(7) bake at preheated oven 180'C for about 25-30 mins or till golden brown.
(8) cooled for 5 mins before removing the hot loaf from tray.
I'm sending this to Wild Yeast @ Yeastspotting & BYOB.