Friday, July 6, 2012
Stir Fried Local Brussels Sprouts
4 large brussels sprout, cut into small portions
50gm dried shrimp, soaked in water & then pounded
1 tbsp ginger, finely chopped
1 tbsp garlic, finely chopped
2 tbsp shaoxing wine or rice wine
2 tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce
salt & pepper to taste
*thickening : 2tbsp water + 1 tspn tapioca starch
(1) prepare a pot of simmering hot boiling water then cook brussels sprouts in boiling water in a few seconds or till a bit softened, and drained.
(2) preheat frying pan or wok with just enough cooking oil.
(3) once it's ready, stir in dried shrimp, ginger & garlic and saute till fragrant.
(4) next, stir in cooked brussels sprouts and cook over high heat.
(5) add in shao xing wine, oyster sauce, salt & pepper and mix well.
(6) off the heat, then stir in thickening and mix to combine. Finally, transfer to serving plate.