Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Lime Curd Cream Cheese Bars


I was quite curious about this kind of lime. I bought it from the local wet market and it was introduced to me by the stall owner saying that it is some kind of lime which tastes between lemon & key lime. The fruit is about the size of lemon and smell & looks like lemon but tastes like key lime. Key lime is much smaller the size. I am totally addicted to it eversince the first time I tried it. Absolutely awesome !

Here's the recipe.
Ingredients for lime curd :
1/2 cup  lime juice & zest (about 2 lime)
11-gm  sugar
3 eggs
50gm  butter
2 drops of green food colouring

Method : Please refer here.

Ingredients for Biscuit Base :
175gm  butter, softened
70gm   sugar
1 egg yolk
2 cups  flour

Method :
(1) cream butter, sugar & egg yolk till fluffy.
(2) next, fold in flour and mix to form a soft dough.
(3) spread dough & flatten it to a 9x13" tray lined with parchment paper.
(4) prick dough all over with fork and then bake at 180'C for about 25mins.
(5) once it's done, cool completely.

Ingredients for Cream cheese topping  :
500gm  cream cheese
1/2 cup  sugar
3 eggs
3/4 cup  plain yogurt
1 tspn  vanilla extract

Method :
(1) combine all ingredients into a big mixing bowl and cream till smooth & well mixed.
(2) pour mixture to the cooled biscuit base and then drizzle on lime curd.
(3) finally, bake at preheated oven 150'C for about 40-45 mins or till set.
(4) once it's done, cool completely before keep refrigerated overnight before serving.


Slurpppp..... these look so irresistible ! I can't help but had a few of it. I think I have to skip jumping  (stepping) up to the scale for some time. lol. Bad habit huh. haha.....

31 comments:

Food, Fun and Life in the Charente said...

I have to say these look quite delicious. Take care Diane

Lyndsey Chapin said...

Don't do it!!! Don't jump! Hehe! jk...these do look tempting, slurrpp is right. I would be curious about those lime, interesting to try them. So funny I just picked up some key limes today...I didn't have anything in mind to use them indureq but they were so cheap I couldn't resist. Bingo! I see this lovely recipe. The texture looks great Kristy.
Cheers, Lyndsey :D

Medeja said...

They do look irresistable! And how tempting!

gertrude said...

Very creative of you. I like the little green speckles on the filling.

Elin Chia said...

Kristy...salute to you. This cream cheese bars looks so good. You are really creative ! Well done :)

Hayley said...

Hi Kristy!

Your cheese bars look so yummy! ;)

MiMi Bakery House said...

Oh my, this cheese bar do look so inviting:)

cikmanggis said...

slurrppp...kejam kejam..mau pengsan ni hehe.Nampak sungguh sedap sekali pasti masuk list ni..Ceria ceria selalu Kristy:)

アンゼエリン said...

This cheese bar is very attractive looking. I wonder how you do it the pattern? very nice..

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Wow, look so tempting, love the lemon curd pattern!

鲸鱼蓝蓝蓝 said...

这个我有兴趣
已经mark起来了

Barbara said...

Love how you've made a design with your lime, Kristy! I use that kind of lime, but prefer Key limes as you do. Too small for this recipe, though.
Delicious!

Merryn said...

These looks VERY appetizing. The fact that limes are used in it makes it more appealing! salivating!

Belinda @zomppa said...

I love lemon bars, as you know, and lime just makes it better. Of course, yours is like a work of art!

TasteHongKong said...

Worth hiding the scale for a while :); also love it so nicely 'colored & patterned'.

Otehlia said...

I LOVE key lime, and I LOVE curd. Seriously, this could make my summer.

Zoe said...

Your lime curd looks like green leaves embedded with your cream cheese bars. They are very pretty!

Edith said...

Kristy, these bars are so nicely baked. Did you keep the seed and hope to plant one key lime tree? Hehe

Jess @ Bakericious said...

Kristy, the cheesecake bars looks so pretty, simply love it.

Mich - Piece of Cake said...

HI Kristy, these look so pretty. I am sure its very refreshing too. I love to use limes in baking as well.

Mango Ginger said...

What an innovative and tasty looking dish - good job!

Sutapa said...

Kristy what a lovely recipe... I am coming to your home to taste this divine goodies! See someone is knocking the door who knows it may be me....:)!

Amelia said...

Hi Kristy, love your cheese bar, look very delicious. I like the design on top, look very pretty.

So we both sit down together to eat the lime bar and think of Tahiti holiday? LOL

Have a nice week ahead.

~~louise~~ said...

Well it sure sounds like that shop owner knew what he was talking about, Kristy. My lips are puckering up just looking at your gorgeous Cheese Bars. Oh so pretty and I imagine mighty tasty too!

Thank you so much for sharing...

Rosita Vargas said...

Un gran trabajo Chisty es maravilloso y seguro muy rico me encantó muy original como siempre,abrazos hugs,hugs.

Angie's Recipes said...

Kristy, these lime cheesecake slices look scrumptious. I love the decorative leaves topping. Very special.

Amy said...

Wow, you made these bars look so beautiful. I love the way your decorate them. Never tried this kind of lime but I love key limes. I can tell these are some delicious refreshing treats. :)

lena said...

cream cheese and lime is really great, i've made some keylime cupcakes last time with some cream cheese frosting and love that. Are those calamansi limes? ( kat chye) that you used here?

My Little Space said...

Edith : No, I didn't keep the seeds. I can get those fruits any time. So just forget it.

Lena : those are not calamansi. It looks more to a lime with very thin skin but tastes between lemon & lime. The stall owner called it Lemon-Lime! haha...

Kristy

CulinaryCache said...

These not only look beautiful but, sound amazing! Great recipe!

WokandSpoon said...

This looks super pretty. Wish I could just pop out to the shop and buy some.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...