Sunday, September 20, 2015
Chicken Floss Mochi Suzhou Mooncake @ 鸡肉丝麻糬苏州月饼
the recipe here.
150gm bread flour
110gm all purpose flour
4 TB sugar
100gm cold butter, chopped
150gm all purpose flour
*Egg glazing : 1 egg yolk + 1 tspn milk
*1/2 cup sesame seeds
(1) in one bowl, combine ingredients (A) except water, rub butter & the dry ingredients till well cooperated. Then add in water to form a non-stick soft.dough. Knead to smooth then set aside.
(2) in another bowl, combine ingredients (B) till everything well cooperated then divide into 14 portions.
(3) at the same time, divide dough (A) into 14 portions as well, then wrap ingredient (B) into (A) and sealed to form a ball. And leave aside to rest for 20 minutes.
(4) for further rolling method, please refer here, Chinese Pastry, or here.
(5) now, press both end of the pastry dough into center then flatten it by rolling it into round shape.
(6) fill in one tablespoon of chicken floss, cover with a piece of mochi then top with 50gm pandan dou yong and sealed it, place the sealing part by facing down。
(7) transfer filled dough to baking tray line with parchment paper，brush on egg glazing and sprinkle on some sesame seeds.