Monday, September 14, 2015
Hydrangea Salted Egg Yolk Custard Pastry @ 繡球咸蛋黃酥
Sonia when she post up the Hydrangea pastry the other day. Oh well, since I have started all kind of pastry making for the past couple of weeks, I think it shouldn't be any problem. So, I just go ahead. Actually, I've been asked if I can finished up the mooncakes that I've been making for the past couple of weeks. No problem ! I have all the mooncakes served to friends during the meet up every night at my place. There will be more coming after this. So, stay tune !
100gm egg yolk
50gm all purpose flour
40gm cold butter, chopped
1/2 tspn vanilla essence
*3 salted egg yolk
(1) rinse salted egg yolk with some vinegar then steam the yolk for 10 minutes or till cooked. Break salted eggs into crumble & set aside.
(2) beat together egg yolk, sugar, milk, flour & vanilla essence into a big stainless steel bowl till everything is well cooperated. Add in the cold butter and do not beat.
(3) fill a small sauce pot with water and then bring it to boil, reduce the heat to medium then place the mixture bowl onto the pot and let it steam cook the mixture became thick paste. Remember to stir the mixture gradually.
(4) once its done, off the heat and stir in salted eggs crumble. Set aside to cool.
120gm all purpose flour
15gm icing sugar
45gm butter, melted
70ml cold water
110gm all purpose flour
*egg glazing : 1 egg yolk + 1 tspn milk
(1) in one bowl, combine ingredients (A) except water, rub butter & the dry ingredients till well cooperated. Then add in water to form a non-stick soft.dough. Knead to smooth then set aside.(2) in another bowl, combine ingredients (B) till everything well cooperated then divide into 10 portions.
(3) at the same time, divide dough (A) into 10 portions as well, then wrap ingredient (B) into (A) and sealed to form a ball. And leave aside to rest for 20 minutes
(4) for further rolling method, please refer here, Chinese Pastry, or here.
(5) now, press both end of the pastry dough into center then flatten it by rolling it into round shape on a plastic sheet.
(6) make the cut as shown on 1st picture on the left, the shreds shouldn't be too thick.
(7) place in the custard fillings, cover the other side with another piece of plastic sheet then turn it around. Slowly flip the dough away from the 1st plastic sheet, as shown on 2nd picture on the left.
(8) then pull the center up by holding the filling with the shreds facing down, slowly release the other plastic sheet as well. Finally, lock to seal the shreds by pressing them all together with your hand.
(10) next, bake at preheated oven 190-195'C for about 20 minutes or till brown.