Ingredients Dumpling Dough :
500gm glutinous rice flour
1-2/3(1-3/4) cups warm water
For fillings : chocolate chips, raisins & chopped palm sugar.
- place glutinous rice flour into a large bowl.
- slowly stir in warm water and mix untill became a dough.
- then separate into 2 or 3 portion for additional colouring.
- wrap in any filling as desired or just go plain.
- boil all the glutinous rice ball in another pot of hot water untill float.
Ingredients for Syrup water :
sugar cane rock (sweetness as desired)
1/4 cup sago pearl (tapioca pearl)
a few slices ginger
- boil all ingredients(except sago pearl) together.
- add in the sago pearl about half way of boiling time.
- off the heat when sugar is completely melted.
- place in all the glutinous rice ball and serve.
- for preparation of tapioca pearls click here for info.
My kids love having this kind of sweet dessert especially with palm sugar filling! While I, can at least take 3 bowls of this...hehehe.... I like drinking the ginger flavour syrup, taste really delightful! Hope you all will enjoy this.