Monday, December 14, 2009

Simple Boiled Baby 'Bok Choy'

After my returned, my hubby was craving for my homecook meal. He doesn't like eating out! So, for a quicky! I've made some simple dish for his crave.

Ingredients :

200gm baby bok choy (2 persons), washed thoroughly
cooking oil
1 tbsp chopped ginger
1 tbsp chopped scallion
1 tbsp chopped garlic

Seasoning :

1tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce
1/3 tbsp light soy sauce
*
Method :

- boil a pot of water with 1 tbsp cooking oil.
- stir in bok choy and let it boil over medium heat untill cooked.
- remove bok choy from the boiling water and let drain.
- preheat a frying pan or wok with 1/3 to 1/2 cup of cooking oil (depend on the amount of chopped ginger, garlic & scallion used).

- fry the ingredients untill golden brown, off the heat and remove the fried ingredients to aside.
- stir in bok choy to the cooking oil and add in all the seasoning, stir till well mixed.
- mix in the fried ingredients and serve.

I love this kind of simple boiled dish too. The veggie is tender and juicy. As for the oil, it's always adjustable depends how juicy you prefer it to be.

23 comments:

WizzyTheStick said...

Sometimes simple is best. I like this recipe it's quick easy and delicious.

Chow and Chatter said...

love bok choy i make like this as well yummy

Shirley said...

Yes after a holiday all you want is a simple home cooked meal.

Heavenly Housewife said...

This looks lovely, and still has fabulous colour even after you cooked it. Green is my favourite colour :)

MaryMoh said...

I always love quick cooking. This looks simple and quick and just what I would go for. Nothing is better than home cooked meals, no matter how simple it is

penny aka jeroxie said...

Simple is good because just as long it is home cooked!

Angie's Recipes said...

Simplicity at its best!

Bob said...

Looks awesome, gotta love simple.

cherry potato said...

This is simple and nice. I like this so much.

Blackswan said...

Simply & healthy :) Love it!

tracieMoo said...

I usually make this for dinner with other vege too :) It's really simple and good to go with rice.

Claudia said...

I love baby bok choy - well definitely do it this way - simple, tasty and healthy. 'tis the season to try and eat healthy. It's a challenge.

Anncoo said...

Home cooked meals are the best.

Mary said...

This looks really wonderful and it is so easy to do. A real keeper!

Cinnamon-Girl Reeni♥ said...

What a delicious dish! I love bok choy but never know what to do with it besides stir-fry.

Chef Fresco said...

We don't like eating out either :) Love this bok choy recipe!

Diana Bauman said...

Kristy, this just looks great! I love bok choy!

WizzyTheStick said...

Thanks for stopping by your site. I always enjoy visiting yours you have opened up a whole new world of food to me:-)

comfycook said...

How beautiful the green in the Bok Choy is. Such a pretty dish to enjoy.

Katy ~ said...

I really enjoy bok choy and haven't made it in ages. This is certainly a delicious reminder that I must make this again very soon. This looks very good.

Mother Rimmy said...

Healthy and colorful side dish. Fantastic!

My Little Space said...

Hi everyone,

Thank you very much for all the nice comments. Really appreciate it! I'm sure you're all very busy at this moment, gifts wrapping, tree decorations, cookies.... However, hope you all have a pleasant and lovely weekend!

Enjoy & have lots of fun!

Cheers, Kristy

My Little Space said...

Katy : Welcome! Nice to hear from you again. Glad that you like it too and hope you'll enjoy this recipe with your family during this festive season.

Rimmy : Welcome on board! So, are you going to calculte out the calories & fat in this? hehe.... Thank very very much for stopping by. Really appreciate it! Well, have fun and hope you'll enjoy the recipe. Happy Holiday!Cheers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...