This is also called as Kuih Kosui. But over here, the elderly called it 'won zhai go' which means small bowl goodie/kuih. In Hong Kong, they called it 'put zhai go' also means the same thing. It's such a delicious dessert and it's very easy to make. So, just have fun with it!
Ingredients (A) :
230gm all purpose flour
200gm tapioca flour
1/4 tspn alkaline water
salt to taste
Ingredients (B) :
300gm brown sugar
Ingredients (C) :
100gm grated coconut
1/4 tspn salt
(steam for 20mins & leave aside)
Ingredients (D) :
1 can cooked azuki red beans
(wash, drain and divide bean into bowls)
- mix ingredients (A) well, strain into a big bowl and set aside.
- cook ingredients (B) untill sugar dissolves & strain mixture
- and pour into ingredients A quickly.
- stir well and strain again.
- pour batter into ceramic bowl (I'm using rice bowl).
- steam for 30mins over high heat or untill set.
- leave to cool before lifting.