Kristy's Spirulina Almond Cookies
While scrolling through my mails, I came accrossed that Elaine @ Gourmet Girl Magazine's is holding a Virtual Holiday Cookie Crawl contest. Attractive giveaways, of coz! I'm not sure if my submission is valid. Well, at least I have made my first try!
Spirulina is a well known healthy dietary supplement. And it contained of all the minerals and vitamins that we need daily. According to scientific studies, it maybe good for the brain, heart, immune system and more. We can used green tea for flavouring in our bakings and why not spirulina! Since it is so healthy. And here's my recipe.
1/2 cup sugar
1 large egg
1-1/2 tpsn vanilla extract
1/4 tspn salt
2 cups all purpose flour
1/3 cup ground almond
15gm spirulina powder (for mild flavour use 10-8gm)
Topping : 100gm white chocolate (+ 1tbsp butter), melted
- combine flour, almond, salt and spirulina powder together in separate bowl.
- beat butter and sugar untill fluffy.
- add in egg and whisk untill well combined.
- fold in dry ingredients and mix well to form a dough.
- divide into 24 portion & roll into a ball.
- place them to the baking tray & press flat.
- finally, bake for about 10 mins at 175'c.
- leave to cool and then decorate it with melted white chocolate as desire.
You must be wondering how was it taste like, right? Well, it actually tasted real GREEN! haha... It's true! You can actually smell and taste the green in it. It's more or like seaweed flavour. Hope you'll enjoy it and have a healthy X'mas! Cheers.