Ingredients for Simple Curry Chicken :
1/2 chicken, chopped
3 large potatoes, quartered
4 stalk lemon grass, cut into two & smashed
3 tbsp curry powder
1 tspn turmeric powder
3cm piece cinnamon stick
handful of curry leaves (optional)
100ml coconut milk/evaporated milk
salt to taste
Blended ingredients :
1 large onion
5 cloves garlic
2cm piece of ginger
4-5 red chilies
- combine curry and turmeric powder together in a bowl.
- mix in some water just to form a paste.
- preheat pan or wok with 1/2 cup cooking oil.
- stir in lemon grass, cinnamon stick & blended ingredients, sauteed untill fragrant.
- add in curry paste mixture, simmer for awhile then stir in chicken meat, potatoes & curry leaves.
- increase the heat and stir mix the chicken & potatoes.
- then pour in the water and let to boil over medium heat untill the chicken & potatoes became tender.
- finally, add in the coconut milk & salt and let to boil for another 5 mins over medium heat.
- remove the curry chicken from heat and leave to cool completely before wrapping.
- then divide into two portions and wrap with aluminium foil nicely.
Ingredients for Sweet Bread :
480gm bread flour
120gm all purpose flour
4 tspn yeast
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 tspn salt
Egg glaze : egg yolk + 1/2 tbsp milk
- combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl to form a soft dough.
- let to proof for an hour then punch to release air from the dough.
- divide dough into two portion, then roll flat that enough to cover your curry bag.
- again let to proof for another 1/2 hour or double in size.
- brush the bread with egg glaze.
- bake at 200'c untill golden brown or about 20mins..
This curry chicken bread has to be serve warm and not advise to keep overnight. If there's leftover, separate bread from the curry bag. Keep the curry chicken in the refrigerator untill the next serving. Well.... enjoy!