Curry Chicken Bread
Ingredients for Simple Curry Chicken :
1/2 chicken, chopped
3 large potatoes, quartered
4 stalk lemon grass, cut into two & smashed
3 tbsp curry powder
1 tspn turmeric powder
3cm piece cinnamon stick
handful of curry leaves (optional)
100ml coconut milk/evaporated milk
salt to taste
Blended ingredients :
1 large onion
5 cloves garlic
2cm piece of ginger
4-5 red chilies
- combine curry and turmeric powder together in a bowl.
- mix in some water just to form a paste.
- preheat pan or wok with 1/2 cup cooking oil.
- stir in lemon grass, cinnamon stick & blended ingredients, sauteed untill fragrant.
- add in curry paste mixture, simmer for awhile then stir in chicken meat, potatoes & curry leaves.
- increase the heat and stir mix the chicken & potatoes.
- then pour in the water and let to boil over medium heat untill the chicken & potatoes became tender.
- finally, add in the coconut milk & salt and let to boil for another 5 mins over medium heat.
- remove the curry chicken from heat and leave to cool completely before wrapping.
- then divide into two portions and wrap with aluminium foil nicely.
Ingredients for Sweet Bread :
480gm bread flour
120gm all purpose flour
4 tspn yeast
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 tspn salt
Egg glaze : egg yolk + 1/2 tbsp milk
- combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl to form a soft dough.
- let to proof for an hour then punch to release air from the dough.
- divide dough into two portion, then roll flat that enough to cover your curry bag.
- again let to proof for another 1/2 hour or double in size.
- brush the bread with egg glaze.
- bake at 200'c untill golden brown or about 20mins..