Peppermint Patties For Mother's Day

Just to remind all, that the whole world is celebrating Mother's Day on this coming Sunday. And mothers, what are you looking forward on this coming celebration? I.....I.....I want something sweet, something luscious, something addictive, something seducing..... I want to be with my family more than anything else! So, boys & girls just go home to spend time with your mom, that shall be the best Mother's Day gift ever. And here, I have my pre-mother's day gift for myself! haha.... Yes, something sweet indeed!

Ingredients :

2 cups icing sugar
20gm butter, soften
1/4 tspn peppermint oil ( I used 1/2 tspn peppermint extract)
1/4 tspn vanilla extract
2 tbsp evaporated milk

Chocolate coating :

200gm chocolate, coarsely chopped
10gm shortening

Method :

- combine sugar, butter, peppermint extract, vanilla extract, and evaporated milk, beat with an electrical mixer until very creamy (about 2-3 minutes).
- transfer the batter to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and place in the refrigerator to chill until firm enough to roll into balls, about an hour (I chilled overnight).
- roll the batter into balls(size as desire) and place on the prepared pan.
- cover and place in the refrigerator until the patties are firm.
- melt the chocolate and shortening in a heatproof bowl placed over a saucepan of simmering water.
- use a paint brush to dip into the melted chocolate then brush it to the prepared mould.

- repeat the process for a few times untill it reached to the thickness as desire, and chilled to set.
- press in the patties ball untill firmed and then cover with melted chocolate.
- make sure it's fully cover, then chilled untill firm.

Confession : Peppermint extract is not allow in this recipe but I have to use it due to no peppermint oil supply available here.

Finally, remove the chocolate patties from the mould carefully.

Ta...da.... I think my kids are more excited than me! haha.... They wanted to take the first bite ASAP I completed the shooting. They're totally speechless!

TO ALL MOTHERS, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...