2 cups icing sugar
20gm butter, soften
1/4 tspn peppermint oil ( I used 1/2 tspn peppermint extract)
1/4 tspn vanilla extract
2 tbsp evaporated milk
Chocolate coating :
200gm chocolate, coarsely chopped
- combine sugar, butter, peppermint extract, vanilla extract, and evaporated milk, beat with an electrical mixer until very creamy (about 2-3 minutes).
- transfer the batter to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and place in the refrigerator to chill until firm enough to roll into balls, about an hour (I chilled overnight).
- roll the batter into balls(size as desire) and place on the prepared pan.
- cover and place in the refrigerator until the patties are firm.
- melt the chocolate and shortening in a heatproof bowl placed over a saucepan of simmering water.
- use a paint brush to dip into the melted chocolate then brush it to the prepared mould.
- repeat the process for a few times untill it reached to the thickness as desire, and chilled to set.
- press in the patties ball untill firmed and then cover with melted chocolate.
- make sure it's fully cover, then chilled untill firm.
Confession : Peppermint extract is not allow in this recipe but I have to use it due to no peppermint oil supply available here.
Finally, remove the chocolate patties from the mould carefully.Ta...da.... I think my kids are more excited than me! haha.... They wanted to take the first bite ASAP I completed the shooting. They're totally speechless!
TO ALL MOTHERS, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!