I'm going to have something light today. A little tropical touch!
Ingredients for Pastry Crust :
2-1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 tspn sugar
1 tspn salt
226gm butter, cut into small pieces
1/2 cup ice water
- combine flour, sugar & salt, then rub in butter untll well combined.
- slowly stir in ice water untill the dough just holds together.
- wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill for an hour.
2 large persimmons, sliced
1 canned pineapple (I used fresh fruit)
1/2 cup sugar
1 tspn lemon juice
1-1/2 tbsp flour
1/2 tpsn salt
- combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- place chilled dough between 2 plastic sheets and then roll flat, roughly about 10x14" to fit into a 9x10" tray or any other size tray as desire.
- arrange all the sliced fruits onto dough and then fold the edges.
- bake at 200'c for about 30-40 mins or untill brown.
- you may also brush the outer crust with egg glaze (optional).
What else after that! Serve the pastry while it's still warm. Remember, the sugar & salt in the filling is adjustable. Enjoy!