Here's the recipe.
Saturday, May 29, 2010
Here's the recipe.
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Finally, steam for 30 mins over medium high heat. Not medium & not high, it's in between. The steaming heat is very important. It helps to give you more bigger smile on your fatt kuih.
The best thing about this version is you don't need to go through days of fermentation process. These steamed fatt kuih can stand for quite a few days even without chilling them in the refrigerator. You can anytime steam them for your own use. So, have fun & enjoy!
HAPPY WESAK DAY TO ALL!
Monday, May 24, 2010
This curry chicken bread has to be serve warm and not advise to keep overnight. If there's leftover, separate bread from the curry bag. Keep the curry chicken in the refrigerator untill the next serving. Well.... enjoy!
Sunday, May 23, 2010
1-1/2 cup all purpose flour
3/4 tspn baking soda
3/4 tspn baking powder
1/4 tspn salt
1/2 cup sugar
1 large egg
1-1/2 cup mashed banana
3 tbsp full cream milk
1 green apple, sliced
Struesel mixture :
1-1/4 cups chocolate chips
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped roasted walnuts
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt then set aside.
- cream butter and sugar untill fluffy.
- stir in egg and whisk untill well mixed.
- beat in mashed banana and milk then follow by the dry ingredients.
- blend well and then pour half portion to a 9x13" tray lined with parchment paper.
- line sliced apple on the batter and then sprinkle struesel mixture to cover the apple.
- and then repeat the remaining batter and struesel mixture.
- bake at 175'C for 45 mins.
I'll have to say this is the best recipe I've ever tried so far. Great feedback from all my friends and neighbours. I'll definitely make another batch of this on next week. Love the whole package especially the crispy topping and the apple sliced which provides just the exact moisture to the cake. Hope you'll enjoy it too!
Before ending this, I would like to thank the following foodie friends of mine for passing me these two wonderful awards buttons.
Thank you Chef Dennis! This is such a great honour. I'm really appreciate it! Chef Dennis was a restaurant chef for many years and he is such a great guy. Please check out his site for more stories. Then I would like to pass this award to the following friends :
(1) Lyndsey @ The Tiny Skillet
(2) Bo @ Bo's Bowl
(3) Chin @ Cherry Potato
(4) Silvia @ Citron & Vanille
(5) Rebecca @ Chow & Chatter
(6) Jannett @ Canadian Baker Too
(7) Alison @ Alison's Trials
(8) MaryMoh @ Keep Learning Keep Smilling
(9) Heavenly Housewife
(12) Sook @ My Fabulous Recipes
(13) Chaya @ Sweet & Savory
(14) Mia @ SugarPlumFairy
(15) Drick @ Drick's Rumbling Cafe
Again thank you very much, Elin! You're such a sweetheart. Elin is such a sweet sweet friend. I met her over Foodbuzz more than six months ago. Hop over to check out her site for some fabulous recipes. And I would like to pass this award to the following :
(1) Cheah @ No Frills Recipe
(2) Claire @ Sharing is Caring
(3) Diana @ Best Asian Food
(4) Blessed Homemaker
(5) Shirley @ Enriching The Kids
(6) Sam @ Sandwich 365
(7) Julie @ The sporadic Cook
(8) Von @ Vondelicious
(9) Bridgett @ Le Bella Cook
(10) Lucie @ Cooking at Marystow
(11) Sharon @ Random Thoughts
(12) Jay @ Tasty Appetite
(13) Divya @ Divya's Recipes
(14) Brownieville Girl
(15) Barbara Bakes
Please feel free to collect the awards. Thank you very much and hope you all have a wonderful time!
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
It's been a busy week. Not much cooking has been done...... So, I've made something simple. And here's the recipe.
3 chicken whole legs
salt & pepper
2 tspn five spice powder
1/2 cup freshly grounded garlic & ginger
- make three deep cuts to the chicken meat.
- marinade chicken with salt, pepper & five spice powder.
- stuff grounded garlic & ginger in the chicken meat , then leave aside for about 1/2 hour.
- pan fried the chicken untill the skin turned slightly brown.
- then place them to a baking tray and bake at 185'C for 35-40 mins or untill golden brown.
- serve hot.
Saturday, May 15, 2010
Thursday, May 13, 2010
Leaven adapted from Dan Lepard.
Day 6 :
I'm going to have something light today. A little tropical touch!