Blue Cheese Sour Cream Scone

Scone is such wonderful tea snack & breakfast. I always enjoy having it fresh from the oven with my coffee but don't make them often though. Scone is another easy bake for a starter. All you need to do is just gather everything up and then RUB, STIR, SHAPE and BAKE !  Don't you love the sound of it ? haha.....

I don't use sour cream often in my baking nor cooking, I first came across sour cream was from some cheesecake recipes. Since it's not easy to get them here (my area), I used to make my own. Last week my neighbour Diane gave away a few tubs store bought sour cream. So, I am the lucky person ! :o) I was told that some sour cream branding contains of gelatine which isn't suitable for vegetarian consumer....just like this one here. So, always remember to read the ingredients carefully before heading to the counter.

Ingredients :
1-3/4 cup  all purpose flour
3 tbsp  corn flour
1-1/2 tbsp  nori flakes
1-1/2 tspn   baking powder
1/2 tspn  baking soda
1/2 tspn  salt
60gm  cold butter, diced
230gm   sour cream
30gm  blue cheese, diced
1/2 cup  shredded cheddar cheese for topping
*some milk for glazing
*some diced bak kwa (optional)

Method :
(1)  combine flour. baking powder, baking soda, salt & nori flakes into a big bowl and mix well.
(2)  add in cold butter and rub with flour till well combined.
(3)  now, stir in blue cheese and sour cream to form a soft dough.
(4)  shape dough and then cut into sizes as desired.
(5)  brush the top dough with milk glazing and spread on cheddar cheese.
(6)  finally, bake at 210'C for about 20 mins.

You can hardly find this kind of baked goods over here. Not to mention about my place (where I live) neither you can find this easily at the bigger city !  Unless you're at the International Buffet counter or at any special western  food cafe, otherwise you have to make your own. However, hope you will like this too. Happy Belated Easter Day, everyone! Enjoy.


I'm joining #Dairy Breakfast Club at Tidymom. And this scone will definitely a morning goodness for the family.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...