Homemade Udon Noodle

I've been so curious how udon noodle is made and google for quite awhile but have yet found a perfect one for myself. Actually, I have tried a few recipes but still not very satisfying. I always compare mine with the store bought ones. Of coz, those store bought ones are so mighty white and springy and beautiful. But at least, my final batch is the closest one to my personal target.

And here's what I did.
Ingredients :
1-1/2 cup  all purpose flour
1 cup  tapioca flour
1/2 cup  hot water
80ml  cooking oil
1/2 cup  water, room temperature (I added a bit extra more)

Method :
(1) combine both flour into a big mixing bowl and mix well, then make a hole in center.
(2) stir in hot water and cooking oil, roughly mix together all the flour.
(3) now, add in the remaining water and knead till form a soft dough.
(4) set dough aside to rest for an hour, then roll it out on a slightly floured working table and cut in stripes.

It is alright if you cut it thick. It tastes better in this way. You can even roll them to make it look rounder. Then cook them in boiling water till each of them float on top. Drain noodles then keep in a container and mix with a bit of oil to prevent from sticking.

You can either use them straight away or keep refrigerated and use them days later. They can last for quite a while. Hope you guys will love it too!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...