Black Glutinous & Coconut Mochi Cake
I have to thank Sonia @ Nasi Lemak Lover for sharing the recipe. The original recipe was actually matcha flavour mochi cake but as my kids don't like matcha that much, so I have to switch this to some other flavour. Since there's still some leftover black glutinous rice flour from the previous recipe, so why not trying it in this. And here I go again.....
150gm glutinous rice flour
75gm black glutinous rice flour
2 large eggs
85gm butter, melted
180gm light coconut milk/milk
1 tspn baking powder
1 tspn coconut extract
some cooked azuki red beans
- beat eggs and sugar untill pale & fluffy.
- stir in milk, coconut extract and melted butter and mix well.
- fold in flour and baking powder and mix till well combined.
- fill in cupcake paper cups about 3 quarter full, decorate with red beans.
- bake at 180'c for 20-25mins.
Oh yes, this is a highly recommended recipe by adding in coconut milk! My goodness, you won't believe how it was smell like. And when I took the first bite on it, I can't believe it myself either! It was so so so good. Just like having those black glutinous sweet soup with coconut milk. Just imagine that!
Mochi cake has a very unique texture. Guess, you have to try it yourself! hehe.... Enjoy & Happy Baking!