The snow pea shoots have a tender flesh, which is delicious if it is stir-fried and topped with garlic or soy sauce (called tamari in the Asian cuisine) and spices, like ginger.
There are actually a few pea shoots available in the market, which are shown as the above pictures. For me, I enjoy the bottom picture's pea shoots which is bigger and crunchier. Or maybe you're interested in growing your own sprouts, click here.
200gm dou miao, rinsed
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1 tbsp chopped ginger
100gm chicken minced
salt to taste
1/2 tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce
- marinade minced chicken with a little salt, pepper, corn flour & sesame oil.
- preheat a pan/wok with about 2-3tbsp cooking oil.
- stir in minced chicken, saute the meat untill it's about to cook over medium heat.
- then stir in chopped ginger & chopped garlic, continue saute untill fragrant.
- now, add in dou miao & salt, and stir fry over high heat for about one minute.
- finally, off the heat and stir in the vegetarian oyster sauce, and serve.
This is also a very healthy side dish to serve in your daily diet. So, be sure you give it a try when you found this!
Do check out Rouxbe Online Cooking School which might help in your daily cooking skill.
As part of their affiliate program, I have the power to give you a free, full-access, no-videos-barred, 14-day pass to their site. All you have to do is go to the Rouxbe Online Cooking School and redeem the 14-day Gift Membership. After the trial, you can join for as little as $15 per month; however, there is no obligation. I'm sure your cooking is not the same!
Simply easy to follow and hassle free! No more bus riding nor driving to your cooking class.