Saturday, April 17, 2010

Simple Rice Cooker Chicken Rice

I guess simple meal always a housewife favourite choice in cooking, right? Even it's a simple meal yet things need to be done like chopping, cleaning, cutting etc. We're always hoping to do the least work and can enjoy a great meal at the same time. Aren't we? So, hope this recipe might help.

Ingredients :

1/2 chicken
1-1/2 cups rice
water
3 pandan leaves, washed
2 whole scallion, skinned
3 cloves garlic, skinned
4 slices ginger
1/8 tspn salt

Seasoning :
1 tbsp sesame oil
1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tspn salt

Method :

- place in rice, water, pandan leaves, ginger, garlic, scallion and salt to the rice cooker.
- then place in the chicken and leave to cook untill it's done.
(while the rice is cooking , try to steam some veggies or eggs at the rice cooker upper steamer tray)




Now. remove the chicken to a plate. Rub the chicken with salt first, then follow by light soy sauce and lastly sesame oil. Leave aside for cooling down.



Remove pandan leaves from the rice and try to stir mix the rice a little. Let it keep warm in the rice cooker untill it's serve. Finally, cut the chicken once it's cool and steam for 5 mins before serving or you can serve straight away.

Now, this is how the chicken meat looks like after remove from the rice cooker.

And this is the chicken meat after steaming. Just look at those juicy pure chicken stock. Besides of that, get the dipping ready....some chopped garlic and chili mix with lime juice & light soy sauce. Emm...yummm.... And not to forget about the rice cooker upper steamer tray, veggies and eggs!

28 comments:

Anncoo said...

Oh Kristy, you're right! That's why I always want to do the quickest way in my cooking. Your chicken rice looks so delicious...can I come over ;DD

smallkucing said...

I like it fast and simple. thats why my cooking mostly are soup and steamed meat/eggs :p

wendyywy @ Table for 2 or more..... said...

Oh... that's really easy to do.
2 in 1!!
thanks for the tip

My Little Space said...

Anncoo : Don't you think we sounded like lazy housewife! hahaha....

SKucing : Frankly, I don't dare to make steam food all the time. Worried, hubby may get bored! hahaha... WAIT huh...he goes 'cari makan dekat luar'! haha... Hey, just blaughing!

Thanks for visitng ladies and hope you both have a great weekend!

Cheers, Kristy

Angie's Recipes said...

A simple, quick and delicious chicken!

MaryMoh said...

Simple and easy way to cook and yet looks very delicious. I just wish I have a magic button that I can press and all my favourite food will be right on the table...haha

Belinda @zomppa said...

This looks awesome! My parents also always put an egg or something in rice. I have always wondered why.

Fimère said...

c'est vrai ma chère qu'on aime manger simple et très gouteux et je trouve que ce riz au poulet est idéal pour un diner chic et savoureux
bonne journée

Lyndsey said...

Perfect chicken that looks delicious! Nothing lazy about this meal. I see nothing wrong with quick and easy and tasty! Great job, thanks for the tips, we got to stick together on this, haha!

Pam said...

That's the way to go! Keep it simple and fast! I will have to try this method! Thanks!

penny aka jeroxie said...

We do that at home too! Simple, fast and super yummy.

cherry potato said...

我也很久没动手煮鸡饭了.我就不客气来你这里吃了.

Cheah said...

Kristy, again you 'memang boleh'. I've never thought of making chicken rice this way. Thanks for the great tip!

Heavenly Housewife said...

Wow, this looks so good. That chicken looks so juicy and delicous. When are you going to invite me over for dinner already?
Hoping you have a wonderful weekend.
*kisses* HH

Barbara said...

This looks wonderful and easy, Kristy! I don't even own a rice cooker; I'd have to improvise OR visit you! ;)

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

Yes, easy, delicious dishes are the best! And the less clean up, the better. Great dish! I love how juicy the chicken looks. I just want to take a bite. Thanks for sharing a great, simple way of making chicken and rice!

Claudia said...

Simple but flavorful - that's the key - it lets the chicken and rice shine and not be overwhelmed. And it looks gorgeous!

Peanutts said...

oooooooh, chicken rice,my favorite malaysian dish besides nasi lemak. Thanks kristy,

Jeannie said...

Very easy way of cooking chicken rice, all in one pot! Must try this one day.

Mary said...

I love one pot cooking and this looks delicious. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

Katy ~ said...

Quick, delicious, one pot, I love it! This looks perfect. Thank you for sharing such a lovely meal with us.

WizzyTheStick said...

I really wish I could get some pandan leaves. I am so curious about them from reading your blog. I am certain it's something that grows here but not knowing the local name means I can't get it....

My Little Space said...

Hi everyone,

Thank you very much for visiting and hope you all enjoy your day!

Blessings, Kristy

p/s you may cook this with any quality pots too!

ICook4Fun said...

Wow, what a great idea to cook chicken rice that way. I never thought of doing that. I have to do it this style the next time. By the way, did the chicken cook all the way through especially the thigh area when the rice is done?

My Little Space said...

ICook4Fun : No worries! The chicken is perfectly well done! But after I remove the chicken from rice cooker to rub in the seasoning & cool off, I'll steam for another 10mins before serving. The meat was nice & tender. But if you're not planning to steam it, then just leave the chicken with the rice for a few more minutes. That will do!
Btw, thanks for stopping by and hope to hear from you more often.
Cheers, Kristy

Divina Pe said...

A one pot meal is great. I'll keep this in mind and the rice is now full of flavor. Thanks Kristy.

Shu Han said...

wow that's so smart! thnaks for the idea (: i miss chicken rice in london

Rice Cooker Fetish said...

Great recipe! I love cooking complete meals in the rice cooker. I started creating my own little one pot rice cooker creations almost out of necessity when I was a Peace Corps volunteer in Thailand and the rice cooker is still my favorite kitchen appliance.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...